Whether your ambition is to become a practicing forensic scientist, scene of crime officer, police officer, specialist police staff or you simply want to study a stimulating science degree, there is a course at Staffordshire University for you.
If you choose us you will be studying a course that….
- Is consistently highly rated by our students in the National Student Survey.
- Is highly commended by Forensic Practitioners and Police Forces.
- Is accredited and recognised by the Professional Bodies (CSoFS and Skillsmark).
- Able to give our students work experience placements and projects with Staffordshire Police via the Staffordshire Forensic Partnership
- Has outstanding state-of-the-art Facilities and Laboratories , Crime Scene House, Interview Suites and Equipment (FaroARM Non Contact Laser Scanner).
- Is taught by academic experts in their fields, including many ex forensic and police practitioners (See Staff Profiles).
- Involves students at the heart of what we do by incorporating research-led teaching into your curriculum.
- Helps to develop Forensic Skills in other countries (See our EDULINK project).
- Is continually developing to enhance your experience and your employability; for example, placement and work experience opportunities within organisations such as Staffordshire Police, Derbyshire Police and private forensic providers.
- Offers you opportunities for extra-curricular activities, such as FACS Student Society, Field Schools and Short Courses.
- Has an exceptional community of PhD students including crime scene practitioners, firearms officers and archaeologists (view our Forensics Research)
- Encourages you to form links with practitioners in your field throughout your degree by collaborative research projects, conference presentations and visiting lecturers (view our external forensic companies).
- Find out more by following us on Twitter @StaffsFACS_Dept or Like our Facebook Page StaffordshireUniForensicandCrimeScience
We provide a comprehensive variety of courses . . .
- Short Courses, Work Based Learning (WBL) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)