Frequently asked questions about Clearing
Around 10% of all students come through Clearing each year. Improve your chance of finding the right course by knowing what you need to do.
Can I use Clearing?
You can use Clearing if you:
- apply after 30 June
- didn't receive any offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- didn't meet the conditions of your offers
When can I use Clearing?
- It's available July to September each year.
- If you already have your exam results but you have no offers, you can use Clearing from July.
- If you had conditional offers but your exam results didn't go to plan, you can use Clearing from results day.
Where can I find my Clearing number?
If you're eligible for Clearing, your Clearing number will be on the welcome page and 'Your choices' section of Track.
I've been offered a place. What do I do now?
Go to the 'Your choices' section of Track and click 'Add Clearing choice'. Only do this when the university confirms that they will offer you a place and you want to accept it.
Fill in the course details by the date you're given on the phone. This counts as you accepting the offer. So if we confirm it'll show as an acceptance on the choices page of Track and we'll send you a confirmation letter.
You can only add one choice at a time, but if the university/college doesn't confirm your place, you'll be able to add another.
Why hasn't Track updated?
Track will update once the uni makes a decision. If you've met the conditions of your offer, your place will be confirmed soon.