Foundations Of Clinical Psychology MSc
2019/20 New Entrants, Full Time
|Stoke-on-Trent Campus||Full-time||2018/19 Academic Year||Apply Direct|
|Stoke-on-Trent Campus||Full-time||2019/20 Academic Year||Apply Direct|
- You’lll be located in our £30 million Science Centre
- You’ll be taught by clinical psychologists and psychology staff
- You’ll undertake a relevant placement, and gain valuable real world experience
- Develop your knowledge of psychology with a clear focus on clinical psychology pathways
- Enhance your theoretical and practical research skills in a supportive learning environment
This course will develop your knowledge of clinical psychology and your professional and research skills. You will be taught by clinical psychologists and psychology staff and undertake a placement opportunity. This course is ideal for you if you are looking to apply for assistant psychologist posts, or wish to expand into further clinical psychology training routes. It is also ideal for intercalating medical students or if you are keen to pursue a research career
Here in the Department of Psychology at Staffordshire University, we specialise in applied psychological research and teaching. Our work contributes to knowledge in the academic community as well as being relevant to practitioners, policy-makers and the wider community. We already run a suite of undergraduate psychology courses and a well-established Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology so have lots of experiences staff to support you through your studies.
Our teaching methods to allow you to work attain the learning outcomes of the module and include interactive lectures/seminar sessions, workshops, presentations and practical sessions. We are housed in a £30million Science Centre in the heart of Stoke-on-Trent, complete with state of the art research labs and teaching spaces.
You will develop your understanding of theoretical approaches, methods and practice in clinical psychology.
The course comprises six modules:
- Clinical Psychology: Science and Experience (30 credits)
- Community Perspectives in Clinical Psychology (30 credits)
- Clinical & Therapeutic Skills (15 credits)
- Placement (15 credits)
- Psychological Research Methods (30 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
"Whether you are planning to continue on to a Professional Doctorate training in Clinical Psychology or whether you are just interested in furthering your understanding of clinical psychology, this course will provide you with both some academic and practical experience of this fascinating subject."
Dr Erica Lucas (Course Leader)
Cadman Information Point
t: +44(0)1782 294400
Enquire about this course