University Disclosure Log
|Date received||Date due||Date completed||Information asked for||Notes|
|4 May 2017||2 June 2017||12 May 2017||In light of some requests for clarification, please regard the following lines on my recent FOI regarding cultural appropriation, offensive languange, and banned words on your universities.|
1. I require information regarding complaints by students and staff about other students and staff - not by members of the public
2. By offensive language I don't mean swearing. I mean language that other people interpret offensive i.e. Homophobic, transphobic, islamaphobic, sexist etc.
3. Some have said investigating every possible complaint would take them over the cost limit. In light of this, please include formal complaints registered with teh university only please.
If you have not already done so, please send me confirmation you have received my FOI request.
|1. 0 complaints relating specifically to "cultural appropriattion"|
2. 0 complaints on record
3. None listed in general, behaviour/FTS and disciplinary regulations, Behaviur/FTS regulations make reference to offensive language relating to race/gender etc but give no specific examples of banned language.
|5 May 2017||5 June 2017||3 August 2017||I am writing to find our more anout the electrical installations on your premises, This request is in connection with the Freedom of Information Act. For each question listed below, please specify a number, or state 'don't know'|
1. How many times have electrical installations within your buildings been tested in the last five years? Please specify a number, or state 'don't know'
2. How many times has electrical equipment/portable appliances within your buildings been tested over the past five years? Please specify a number, or state 'don't know'
3 How many times has remedial electrical work been required, or an electrical installation deemded unsatisfactory, over the past five years? Please specify a number, or state 'don't know'
4. How much do you budget each year for the maintenance and testing of electrical installations within your buildings? Please specify a number, or state 'don't know'
5. How many times in the past 12 months have fire alarms in your buildings been maintained? Please specify a number or state 'don't know'
6. How many students attend your institution? Please specify a number or state 'don't know'
7. How many students have been injured as a result of electrical installations within your buildings in the last five years? Please specify a number or state 'don't know'
|Please see response below to your request.|
1. At least once
3. Don't Know
4. Don't Know
5. 104 since 1 August 2016
6. 12951 on Campus
|18 May 2017||16 June 2017||31 May 2017||Please note that my request is generally about payments made to student athletes either through fees paid in return for representing the university at sportm or expenses paid to student athletes. I understand that expenditure may be provided through a 'Sport Union' or an organisation within the university, but that the university will provide these original funds to such subsidiary organisations.|
My request is as follows:
1. How many students participate in university sport as a total figure?
2. What is the procedure to decide what is spent on an individual student athlete to assust them in being able to compete and represent the university? Which department is responsible for validating a claim or deciding funding?
3. What are the critteria for the university to offer financial payments, for example but not limited to expenses or fees, to individual athletes representing the university? This could also include payments given to groups or teams made up of individual student athletes.
4. What sort of financial payments are provided to individual student athletes or teams? Do individual students or teams ever receive any sory of payment for representing the university? This could include expenses or a fee for a representation, for example but not limited to, representing their university in a competition.
5. In the last five years, how much money has been spent on individual student athletes or teams of athletes in relation to them representing their university as highlighted above? If possible, please provide a yearly breakdown.
6. In the last five years, how many students have received payment, including but not limited to expenses or fees, in relation to them participating in university sport. If possiblem please provide a yearly breakdown.
7. Please provide a breakdown based on which sport this money has been spent in the last five years. If possible, please provude a yearly breakdown.
8. In the last five years, please can you provide a breakdown for teh amount of money per type of expenditure that has been paid to student athletes in the past five years. For example but not limited to, expenditure on travel, accomodation, subsistence etc. If possible, please provide a yearly breakdown. If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under Section 16 oblogations, as to how I can refine my request to be included in the scopt of the Act. In any case, ifyou can identify ways that my request could be refined please provide further advice and assistance to indicate this. I look forward to your response within 20 working days, as stipulated by the Act. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
|Please find response below as per your request.|
1) Approximately 800 students
2) We only reimburse costs for elite level athletes when representing the University and will be at the discretion of the Sports Development team.
3) We do not have fixed criteria, it would be done on an individual application basis and teams are funded through overall sports development budget to complete the fixtures
4) Reimbursement of individuals travel and accomodation
5) Approximately #5,000
7) Badmington, Swimming, Ultimate Frisbee, Archery, Judo, Rugby, American Football, Volleyball, Basketball and Cycling
|22 May 2017||20 June 2017||12 June 2017||How many complaints of sexual assault have been made at the university in the last year (12 months) in terms of:|
1) Student on student
2) Student on lecturer
3) Lecturer on stident
Please include how many:
1)Resulted in exclusion/termination
2) Were referred to the police
3) Had other action taken
4) Had no action taken
|We can confirm that there are no cases to report.|
|31 May 2017||28 June 2017||9 June 2017||Please could you supply the number of students seeking support from the university for depression between 2010/2011 and 2015/2016 academic years (including these years). Could you please break these numbers down by year.|
Could you also suply the amount of money spent on funding or the university's counselling service on each of the years between the 2010/2011 and 2015/2016 academic years (including these years).
|Further to your request, please see response below:|
We do not record the data in either counselling, wellbeing or student guidance and are therefore not able to provide a response.
Please see details below of money spent on funding for the University's counselling service between 2010/2011 and 2015/2016 academic years.
2011/12 - #131,528.00
2012/13 - #132,903.00
2013/14 - #137,017.00
2014/15 - #138,903.00
2015/16 - #185,111.00
We do not have the budget details for 2010/11 and unable to provide the same. These are counselling costs only and do not include support costs for wellbeing and guidance.
|24 May 2017||22 June 2017||19 June 2017||I'd like to submit a formal request for the following information.|
- Where do you bank? Please provide the list of all banks in which the university holds accounts with and the amount of cash held in each account.
- Do you have any bank branches or cash machines in any property owned or managed by the university?
If yes, please provide the name of the banks associated with these services.
|- Lloyds Bank|
Lloyds Bank - 1m
Bank of Scotland - 4.7m
- No branches
Cash Machines - cashzone