Frequently Asked Questions About Partnerships


If you are considering or already studying at a UK partner institution you may have a few questions. Here are some of the most frequently asked, we hope these help you.

What courses are available and where can I study?

There is a wide choice available to you whether you want to study full-time or part-time; Higher National Certificates (HNC), Higher National Diplomas (HND), Foundation Years, Foundation degrees and some partner providers offer a Top-up if you wish to continue your studies up to Honours degree level. To see where you can study take a look at where our UK partner providers are located.

How do I apply for a course?

For full-time courses you will need to apply through UCAS. There are application deadline dates, for these and how to apply visit

For part-time courses you will need to apply through the provider at which you have chosen to study. Please contact the partner provider direct for further details.

How much will it cost?

Exact costs will depend on whether you choose to study full-time or part-time and on your individual circumstances. Guidance for fees charged at our partner providers can be found here. For further information on finance and to check if you are eligible for a tuition fee loan or grant visit:

Will I be a student of the University or Partner provider?

Both. You will be enrolled on an award that is approved by Staffordshire University and taught by a partner provider. This means you will be a student of both the University and the partner provider at which you choose to study. You can therefore take advantage of both the facilities and resources that are provided at where you are studying and the University. On completion of your studies you will be a graduate of Staffordshire University.

Will I receive a Staffordshire University student ID card?

Yes. The University is responsible for producing your Staffordshire University student ID card on completion of your e-enrolment form, which must include your passport sized photo. This will usually take 5 working days from completion and will be posted to your home address or issued via your institution. If you do not receive your ID card, inform your tutor.

Your ID card will also give you access to a number of Staffordshire University electronic resources and on-campus facilities if you wish to use them.

What resources will I be able to access off-campus

The Staffordshire University Library has a large number of online resources such as e-books, e-journals and databases. These resources are available for students studying off-campus and can be accessed via the library web pages at home, work, college or wherever you access the internet. Your University username and password will grant you access to most of these online resources.

If you have a careers-related question you can get advice using our online e-guidance system. All you have to do is submit your question and a fully qualified Careers Adviser will reply to you within a couple of working days.

What if I have problems accessing electronic resources?

If you have problems with new accounts, existing accounts or with accessing online resources, queries can be made online using the Electronic Helpdesk, or contact the Digital Garage based in the Science Centre in Stoke


Stafford Academic Skills

  • Centre of Excellence Stafford: 01785 353606

If I have a disability, what support can I get and how do I access it?

Staffordshire University is committed to enabling all students to achieve their full potential. If you are a student at a partner institution then it is the direct responsibility of the institution to help you to arrange and deliver your support. You should contact the Additional Support Service or equivalent within the institution as soon as possible to get this underway.

Further information and application forms are available online.



Can I get involved in the Students Union at the University?

Of course you can. Free membership of the Students' Union is automatic when you enrol unless you choose to opt out. If you need advice, want to take part in student activities, try something different, or just access social space on campus, then the Union is the place for you.

For further information visit the Students' Union website:

or email them at:

Can I progress from my Foundation degree?

There is the opportunity to progress onto a related Honours degree if you have successfully achieved your Foundation degree. Some subjects will stipulate that an interview and a portfolio of work are required. To see what progression is available from your Foundation degree visit the progression information page.

What are the arrangements for Graduation Ceremonies?

Staffordshire University Annual Awards Ceremonies are held in July and students studying at some of our UK partner providers receive a personal invitation to this event.  You will find all the information you need to know about booking tickets, the ceremony, the venue and much, much more on the Graduation web pages.

In addition your provider may also hold its own Awards Ceremony and you may wish to attend this instead of or as well as the ceremony held by Staffordshire University. Your tutor will have details of the college ceremony.

Where will my certificate come from and when?

You will be awarded a certificate from Staffordshire University and this will be issued to you on completion of your award. Certificates are posted to the address that you have supplied. Please ensure that this is a permanent home address as many certificates are lost or delayed when students provide a term address for them to be posted to.