University student guidance
- Do you think you have chosen the wrong course?
- Are you thinking of taking time out or leaving your course?
- Do you need advice on appeals, complaints or conduct procedures?
- Do you have special/extenuating circumstances?
- Do you need advice on University regulations?
Student Guidance Advisors are here to talk to you and they are based within each Faculty/School who can help to advise on the issues covered above.
The Careers Centres at Staffordshire University offer a range of FREE services to our students studying off-campus, including:
- Getting help from a Careers Adviser using our online eguidance service at www.staffs.ac.uk/careersadvice. You can submit your question using an online form (and attach your CV, too) and a Careers Adviser will reply to you within 5 working days.
- Access to our online jobs database which advertises part-time and summer work as well as full-time graduate and undergraduate positions. Go to www.staffs.ac.uk/jobzone
- A comprehensive website at www.staffs.ac.uk/careers
Alternatively please email us at email@example.com
These services may also be of interest to you.
We can care for your child whilst you study and work. Our nursery has one of the most highly qualified and experienced childcare teams in Staffordshire. We offer full time care and education for 0-5 year olds. We offer reduced fees for students.
Run by volunteers, the Film Theatre located on College Road, Stoke displays a wide range of independent, foreign (often subtitled) and more mainstream releases. For further information including films and times visit the website: www.stokefilmtheatre.org.uk
Sport and Recreation
The University has two sports centres with excellent facilities and many clubs and societies that are available to you.
For further membership details contact:
Stoke campus t: 01782 294124
Stafford campus t: 01785 353286
As a Staffordshire University student studying off-campus, you are also a member of the Staffordshire University Students’ Union. The Students’ Union aims to provide you with what you want by representing your views and opinions.
Students’ Union Advice Centre
Confidential and impartial advice is available on a variety of issues, such as: student finance, academic affairs, grants, benefits, legal rights and more.