Dr Mohammad N Patwary
- Reader in Wireless Communication Systems
- Leader - Sensing, Processing & Communications Research
- Award Leader, Postgraduate Studies in Telecommunications
- Core Member Mobile Fusion Applied Research Centre
Mohammad Patwary holds a Readership in Wireless Communication Systems with Mobile Fusion Applied Research Centre at Staffordshire University, UK. He received his Ph.D. degree in Telecommunication Engineering from The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia in 2005 and BSc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh in 1998. He was with the General Electric Company of Bangladesh from 1998 to 2000 and with Southern-Poro Communications, Sydney Australia from 2001-2002 as R & D Engineer. He worked at the University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia as Lecturer from 2005-2006; then at Staffordshire University, UK as Senior Lecturer from 2006-2010.
- PhD in Telecommunication Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Senior Member IEEE
- Wireless Sensor Network design, implementation & optimization.
- Cellular Network Dimensioning for 2G and 3G mobile communication, (Including Link budget design, RF Prediction, Capacity and Coverage analysis, Code allocation and admission control algorithm design, RNC allocation etc. in CDMA (IS-95), 3G(WCDMA and CDMA2000), MC-CDMA and 4G (High Speed Internet with MIMO-OFDM (LTE, WiMAX)).
Current research interests include signal detection, estimation and optimization for wireless receivers, smart-grid and rate adaptive wireless multimedia streaming; joint source-channel characterization for wireless sensor networks, Compressive sensing, spatial diversity schemes for wireless communications, multi-user detection, multi-sensor reception, blind and semi-blind channel estimation & equalization, iterative signal Processing; space-time signal processing and MIMO-OFDM Techniques.
Main Research Projects:
- Compressive sensing based dynamic object detection and tracking within wireless visual sensor network for surveillance application.
- Resource constrained adaptive models of feature detection and extraction schemes for visual sensor networks
- Collaborative sensing and communication schemes for co-operative wireless sensor networks
- Radio Resource Sharing Strategy within Cognitive Radio Network for Wireless Sensing Applications
- Hybrid Signal Detection Modelling for Resource Constrained wireless sensor networks.
- Dynamic interactive load management for Smart Grid with distributed generation via power line communications.
- S.J. Nawaz, K.I. Ahmed, Mohammad Patwary and N.M. Khan, “'Superimposed training-based compressed sensing of sparse multipath channels”, IET Communications, vol. 6, pp. 3150-3156, Dec 2012.
- A. Amjad, A. Griffiths and Mohammad Patwary, “Multiple face detection algorithm using colour skin modelling,” IET Image Processing , vol. 6, pp. 1093–1101(8), November 2012.
- W.K.M. Badawi, C.C. Chibelushi, Mohammad Patwary and M. Moniri, “Specular-based illumination estimation using blind signal separation techniques”, IET Image Processing , vol. 6, pp. 1181-1191(8), November 2012.
- Shree K. Sharma, Mohammad Patwary, Mohamed Abdel-Maguid, “Spectral Efficient Compressive Transmission Framework for Wireless Communication Systems”, to appear in IET Signal processing November 2012.
- Syed Junaid Nawaz, Mohammad Patwary, Noor M. Khan, and Mansour Moniri, “The Effect of Directional Antenna on the Distribution of Doppler Spectrum in 3-D Radio Propagation Environment” to appear IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology.
- K. I. Ahmed, C. Tepedelenlioglu, A. Spanias, Mohammad Patwary, and H. Yu, “PEP based optimal training for linearly decoded orthogonal space-time block coded wireless systems,” to appear IET Communications.
- Shree K. Sharma, Mohammad Patwary, Hongnian Yu, and Mohamed Abdel-Maguid, "Enhanced Information Throughput in MIMO-OFDM based systems using Fractional Sampling and Iterative Signal Processing", IET Communications [Under Review].
- Salema Fayed, Sherin Yussef, Amr El-Helw, Mohammad Patwary and Mansour Moniri “Performance analysis on the competitiveness of Query-processing and Compressive sensing in WSN” submitted to The Eighth International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems 2011.
- Naeem Kamran, Mohammad Patwary, and M. Abdel-Maguid “Unbiased signal detection within wireless sensor network using -OPTSPACE” submitted to WMNC 2011.
- B. Karteek, K. Ahmed, Mohammad Patwary, and M. Abdel-Maguid “Compressive Paramatric GLRT detector for airborne MIMO radar”, submitted to IEEE, International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing 2011.
- Jaleel Begh Mughal, Abdel-Hamid Soleman, K. Ahmed and Mohammad Patwary “Subspace compressive GLRT detector for wireless sensor network” submitted to IEEE, International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing 2011
- K. I. Ahmed, Mohammad Patwary and H. Yu, “Performance enhancement of space time block coded MIMO systems using training design,” in Proc of IEEE, 6th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, ICECE 2010, (Dhaka, Bangladesh), December 18-20 2010.
- Saif-Ur-Rehman, Syed Junaid Nawaz, Mohammad N. Patwary, M. Abdel-Muguid, and AliKamar, “Impact of Terrain Variance and Velocity on the Handover Performance of LTE Systems,” in Proc. IEEE, International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing, China, Nov. 2010, pp. 1-5.
- Ali Kamar, Syed Junaid Nawaz, Mohammad Patwary, M. Abdel-Maguid, and Saif-Ur-Rehman, “Optimized Algorithm for Cellular Network Planning Based on Terrain and Demand Analysis,” in Proc. IEEE, 2nd International Conf. on Computer Technology and Development, Cairo, Egypt. Nov., 2010, pp. 359-364
- Nahla satti, Syed Junaid Nawaz, Mohammad Patwary, and M. Abdel-Muguid, “Dynamic Subcarriers and Power Allocation Algorithm for OFDMA Cellular Systems,” in Press, Proc. IEEE, 2nd International Conf. on Computer Technology and Development, Cairo, Egypt. Nov., 2010, pp. 348-353
- Shree K. Sharma, Mohammad Patwary, and Hongnian Yu, "Information Throughput Enhancement in MIMO-OFDM based systems using Fractional Sampling", in Proc of 3rd Joint IFIP Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference 2010 " 13-15th October, in Budapest, Hungary.
- Syed Junaid Nawaz, Mohammad Patwary, Noor M. Khan, and Hongnian Yu, “3-D Gaussian Scatter Density Propagation Model Employing a Directional Antenna at BS,” Proc. IEEE, 5th Advanced Satellite Multimedia Systems Conference, Cagliari, Italy, Sept. 2010, pp 395-400.
- K. I. Ahmed, S. Kothuri, Mohammad Patwary, and M. Abdel-Maguid, “Subspace compressive GLRT detector for airborne MIMO radar,” in Proc of IEEE 16th Asia Pacific Conference on Communications, APCC, (New Zealand), 2010.
- Shahriar A. Chowdhury Monjur Mourshed, S.M. Raiyan Kabir, Moududul Islam, Tanvir Morshed, M. Rezwan Khan, Mohammad Patwary, “Technical appraisal of solar home systems in Bangladesh: A field investigation” Elsevier international Journal on Renewable Energy, August 2010, pp 772-778
- CE00186-7: Telecommunications (Post-Grad)
- CE01085-7: Cellular Network Planning Principles (Post-Grad)
- CE00787-7: Wireless Navigation Systems (Post-Grad)
- CE00063-6: Digital Signal Processing (UG)
- CE74024-6: Personal Broadband Network (UG)
- CE74029-6: Satellite Communication Systems (UG)
- CE00785-5: Electromagnetic Waves and Propagations (UG)
CE00036-6: Wireless Data Communication Systems (UG)
Faculty of Computing, Engineering & Sciences
C336, Beacon Building
t: 01785 353546