eCoach is Staffordshire University's careers portal - available to all Staffordshire University students, graduates and staff. Through eCoach you can access the latest career-related advice, tutorials, tools and views from recruiters. You can work through eCoach on your own or with one of our Employability Coaches.
eCoach at a glance:
- One-to-one career coaching (worth thousands of pounds once you've left University)
- Interactive CV builder and CV checking service
- Interview simulator to help you to practise your interview skills
- Assessment Centre tool and practise aptitude tests
- Learn about yourself using psychometric and personality tests and free access to Adult Directions
- Watch 100's of inspiring real-life career stories
- Search thousands of jobs all in one place
- Research and network with 1000's of companies in the employer database
Current students and staff:
Login to eCoach - you'll need your University username and password
Staffordshire University graduates:
Unitemps is Staffordshire University's specialist on-campus recruitment service. Unitemps can source interesting and varied opportunities, on and off campus in local businesses. The team are committed to finding you the right job, whether it be a part-time, temporary job to fit in around your studies or a full-time temporary job.
Why choose Unitemps?
- Earn money while you study
- Flexible employment to suit you
- Develop skills and gain valuable experience
- Enhance your CV and increase your career prospects
Contact Unitemps directly on 01782 294995 or email email@example.com
"The best thing about doing a placement is the actual experience of working out in industry, when I returned to University it changed the way I approached my work."
A 12 month Sandwich Placement provides a student with a year’s subject-related work experience within an organisation as part of your degree. A Sandwich Placement will help you to gain confidence and build your contacts within the industry. Many graduate recruiters give preference to applicants who have completed a placement and a large number of students who undertake a placement are offered a job after graduation from their placement employer. Staffordshire University’s Placements Team will support you to find a placement and offer help and guidance during the process. You can contact them on 01782 294652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I thoroughly enjoyed my internship. It gave me an insight to what my future at Steelite International could be like - exciting and full of prospect. I gained a lot of key experience and knowledge within the 12 week period.”
Chloe Diamond, Graduate Intern at Steelite International
Paid Graduate Internships provide graduates with the opportunity to gain 12 weeks experience in the career area you are interested in, using your knowledge and expertise to help support and develop and area of work for an employer.
- Graduate level paid work through an internship for up to 12 weeks
- Many internships lead to permanent offers of work
- Enhances your CV by giving value added skills and related work experience
- Gives you a taste of a company and related job role in the workplace
To be eligible to undertake an internships you must have completed a degree or postgraduate degree or currently be studying a postgraduate course.
For more information on Internships please call our Unitemps team on 01782 383233 or email email@example.com
Work Shadowing helps you to gain the experience you need to get onto your chosen career path. You could benefit from spending time with local employers who are willing to provide a work-shadowing experience and enhance your employability prospects by:
- Presenting a unique opportunity to get an insight into roles within your preferred career path
- Preparing you for the transition from University into the workplace
- Strengthening your work-based knowledge and experience
- Enabling you to understand how business works
- Providing a great way to build your business contacts and network within the industry
The Careers Network
t: +44 (0)1782 294991