Clinical Biomechanics PgCert
|School||School of Life Sciences and Education|
|Stoke-on-Trent Campus||Part-time||2018/19 Academic Year||Apply Direct|
|Stoke-on-Trent Campus||Part-time||2019/20 Academic Year||Apply Direct|
- These courses are delivered by practicing clinicians which enables the students to get up-to-date knowledge
- These awards represent an innovative and unique approach to postgraduate study and allows you to enhance your MSK practice skills
- They offer an opportunity to study for postgraduate qualification while working as a full time practitioner
This is a part time course that will require you to be working as a Registered Healthcare Professional or other Professional working in Clinical Biomechanics and Gait Analysis. As clinical practice involving physical therapeutic procedures has progressed, those patients seeking advice on issues relating to complaints of a biomechanical nature have increased. Furthermore, increased recreational and professional sporting activities require a practitioner skilled in clinical biomechanics. Even the treatment of traditional musculoskeletal problems benefit from knowledge of possible underlying origins of these problems.
Applicants will normally:
- Possess an honours degree of class (2:1) or above (awarded by a United Kingdom university) or equivalent
- Candidates who posses Diplomas in a related field will be considered depending on their clinical experience
- Should have a HCPC registration or equivalent but other registration is considered.
- Have a minimum of one year working professional experience in related areas
- Most students are already working as full-time health care practitioners or as assistants.
By attending this course I became captivated by research, broadened my clinical scope of practice and met many like mind people who remain valued friends I feel attending the Masters led to new and exciting opportunities and provided a foundation on which began a new direction in my life focused upon biomechanics related teaching and research.
“By attending this course I became captivated by research, broadened my clinical scope of practice and met many like mind people who remain valued friends”
“I feel attending the Masters led to new and exciting opportunities and provided a foundation on which began a new direction in my life focused upon biomechanics related teaching and research.”
Have you also considered?
Pg Cert Gait Analysis Pg Cert Mechanics of the Diabetic Foot
Cadman Information Point
t: +44(0)1782 294400
Enquire about this course