International Accounting And Financial Management MSc
2018/19 New Entrants, Full Time
The MSc in International Accounting and Financial Management is based on three interlocking principles of academic rigour, professional relevance and a strong commitment to employability.
Throughout the programme the emphasis is on preparing you for a career in business where accounting and finance knowledge and skills form key components. You will study financial reporting, governance, risk and ethics, business analysis, international corporate reporting and critically evaluate contemporary issues associated with accounting.
The course provides the opportunity for you to develop both technical and critical evaluation skills and the ability to apply decision making in complex situations. It will equip you with up-to-date knowledge of this fast changing field, and help to develop analytical and problem solving skills.
The MSc in International Accounting and Financial Management will significantly enhance your employability and develop your career, whether in practice, the public sector, financial services, industry or commerce.
In addition to achieving an MSc, the course modules and structure have been designed with the aim of contributing substantially to your chances of achieving success at ACCA professional level examinations. Therefore, while the programme is academically rigorous it is also very practically focused.
This programme will give you a solid foundation in international accounting and financial management while preparing you for ACCA qualifications. The first semester of the programme will provide an intensive study of the core disciplines of accounting and financial management. The second semester modules will closely mirror the professional level of ACCA papers. The final semester will conclude with an individual dissertation and an online investment simulation module designed by market professionals.
- International Financial Analysis
- Management Control and Internal Audit
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Business Management Research
- International Finance
- International Corporate Reporting
- Economic Analysis of the Firm
- Option Module
- A 2:2 classification or above in an undergraduate degree in accounting
- A 2:1 classification or above in an undergraduate degree in business with evidence of successful attainment of accounting modules
- Professionally qualified/part qualified (ACCA/CIMA or similar)
- A satisfactory level of English language skill is required for international candidates where English is not their first language
The MSc in International Accounting and Financial Management will significantly enhance your employability and develop your career whether it be in practice, in the public sector, in financial services, industry or commerce.
Have you also considered?
Cadman Information Point
t: +44(0)1782 294400
Enquire about this course