Human Resource Management CIPD Intermediate Diploma in
2019/20 New Entrants, Part Time
|Course start||January, September|
|Stoke-on-Trent Campus||Part-time||2019/20 Academic Year||Apply Direct|
|Stoke-on-Trent Campus||Part-time||2020/21 Academic Year||Apply Direct|
This is a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development qualification.
CIPD are the professional body for experts who specialise in human resource management at work. They have 150,000 members all over the world and are the only body that can award Chartered status to individual professionals.
CIPD qualifications are ideal if you:
• want to work in HR or L&D and study a recognised professional qualification
• wish to progress your career by improving your knowledge and skills
• aspire to become a professional member of the CIPD
The total course fee is £2700 and the course is listed on the ELCAS website
This course offers you the opportunity to build your expertise in Human Resource Management. It will help you to develop your ability to evaluate the effectiveness of HR models and practices and increase your understanding of organisations, whilst also developing your planning, analytical and problem-solving skills. By successfully completing the course you’ll automatically become an Associate and professional member of the CIPD (Assoc CIPD).
At the beginning of each module you will be asked to attend a 1 day tutorial at the University to introduce you to the subject matter so you have a good understanding of module content and requirement.
Each module will have a series online tutorials which are highly recommended but if you miss them they will be recorded to allow you access at a time which is convenient to enable you to keep up with your studies. Each module has online drop-in tutorials where you can discuss your assignments or if you require any academic guidance. Alternatively, in consultation with module tutors you would be welcome to visit the University for tutorials.
You will study the following modules:
- Business Issues and Contexts
- Contemporary Developments in Employee Relations
- Improving Organisational Performance
- Using Information in HR
- Developing Professional Practice
- Organisational Design
- Organisational Development
- Managing and Co-Ordinating the HR Function
- Employment Law
• A relevant qualification to NVQ Level 3
• At least two A levels (typically such candidates will also have good personnel, development or management experience)
• A “Foundation” level qualification from the CIPD (e.g. Certificate in HRP or L&D)
• A Certificate in Personnel or Training Practice (CPP or CTP) from the CIPD
• An equivalent or higher level award from nationally recognised educational or professional bodies in a relevant area
Successful completion of the intermediate certificate Level 5 will allow you to progress on to CIPD Level 7 programmes which can be further topped up to MA HRM if required.
Cadman Information Point
t: +44(0)1782 294400
Enquire about this course