Preparing individuals for entry-level cloud roles in operations, site reliability, and infrastructure support.
Together, AWS re/Start and Staffordshire University are excited to help unemployed or underemployed individuals develop their technical and career skills to prepare them for entry-level cloud roles.
The course covers everything from coding languages and technical knowledge to employment skills that will help you achieve your potential.
You will focus on professional skills such as adaptive communication, time management, CV building, and interviewing to prepare for employer meetings and interviews. You will get help to prepare for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification with complimentary access to practice and full exams at the end of the program.
Following the completion of this course, you will be awarded with a Certification as an AWS Cloud Practitioner.
Do I need any tech experience?
No, but you do need to be able to demonstrate your interest and passion for a career in technology
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of IT resources such as compute, databases, and storage via the Internet with pay-as-you-go pricing. You can learn more in Amazon Web Services' video 'What is cloud computing?"
What skills will I learn?
Through hands-on interactive sessions, you’ll learn technical, behavioral and mindset skills to prepare you to launch a career in the cloud.
- Working knowledge of operation systems like Linux, scripting, automation,programming languages and software lifecycles.
- Understanding of networking concepts, protocols, security.
- Knowledge of security fundamentals such as identity, authentication, authorization, AWS’ shared responsibility model and web access firewalls.
- Fundamental understanding of databases concepts.
- Application of core AWS services in the area of compute, storage and networking, including EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Lambda, Cloud Formation, RDS, and Route 53.
- Understanding of professional information technology working environment, including communication skills, collaboration tools, project management, presentation skills, project reporting, behavioral attitude.
- How cloud computing works
- AWS Cloud skills
- How to use different programming languages
- Build skills aligned with AWS Certification – you’ll prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification
Behaviour and mindset skills
- Effective communication
- Problem solving
- Time management
What do I need to complete the course?
In order to participate in this course, you will need access to computing equipment and steady internet connection, plus must be able to attend training for 12 consecutive weeks and ready to start a job at the end of the course.
Who can I contact with any questions?
If you have any questions about this course or the application process, in the first instance please get in touch with Dr Russel Campion, Associate Professor, Head of Department of Computing. Please email email@example.com.