Wherever your sporting ambitions lie, our Sport and Exercise degrees with foundation year can give you the practical skills and knowledge you’ll need to build a successful career in the sports industry.
The foundation year at Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College is an extra year of study at the start of your course and offers an alternative route into studying Sport and Exercise at Staffordshire University. You’ll cover a broad programme of study and develop your skills, making it easier to transition onto a full degree programme at Staffordshire University.
Graduates from Sport and Exercise courses have gone on to become:
- Sports scientists (sports psychologists, exercise physiologists, and biomechanists) working with professional clubs and athletes
- Healthcare and exercise professionals working with GP referrals and in rehabilitation
- Cardiac physiologists in NHS settings
- Sports coaches working with athletes across a variety of sports in both the UK and abroad
- Sports development officers – local authorities and national governing bodies of sports
- Match analysts at professional sports clubs
- Personal trainers working with recreational athletes