100% employability for all nursing courses*Note
Study at Staffordshire University, earn a Golden Ticket and guarantee a career in nursing.
In partnership with the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust, Staffordshire University are proud to offer all successful Nursing Practice (Adult) BSc (Hons) students a Golden Ticket.
What is a Golden Ticket?
A Golden Ticket is your guarantee of a nursing career after graduation. It will arrive in the form of a letter from the Director of Nursing, Midwifery and Quality and is our way of rewarding your positive values, hard work and commitment to healthcare while studying at Staffordshire University.
How do I get a Golden Ticket?
Rather than a rigid interview process you will have informal conversations with members of the SaTH during your studies to ensure you meet their values:
- Proud to Care.
- Make It Happen.
- We Value Respect.
- Together We Achieve.
Then, at the start of your third year of study, if you're on track to complete your Nursing Practice (Adult) BSc (Hons), you will be offered a Golden Ticket, a guaranteed future, and a weight off your shoulders for the final stretch of your studies.
Where will my Golden Ticket take me?
Your Golden Ticket will guarantee you a nursing position at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital (RSH) or the Princess Royal Hospital (PRH) in Telford. Unfortunately, we won't be able to tell you exactly which ward or department you will be working on after graduation. But don't worry - you'll be asked what area you would like to work in, which will be taken into consideration and matched as closely as possible.
Terms and Conditions
- The Golden Ticket offer is only available to students studying Nursing Practice (Adult) BSc Hons. All other courses are excluded.
- Guaranteed nursing positions are only available at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital (RSH) or the Princess Royal Hospital (PRH) in Telford.
- The Golden Ticket will be issued upon successful completion of various value-based conversations, at the discretion of The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust.
- A specific job role and location will not be confirmed until after a student has graduated.
- The Golden Ticket will be issued in the Third Year of a student's study, in the form of a letter from the Director of Nursing, Midwifery and Quality.
- Source:Destination of Leavers of Higher Education 2018..