Financial Services

Guidance on tuition fees charged by our partner providers are published on our fees and funding page, but you are advised to contact the provider direct.

You will by now be aware of the level of course fees and financial support that you are entitled, but if there are changes in your personal circumstances you may find the following information of benefit.

Student finance: if your course, income or family circumstances change

If your circumstances change after you’ve applied for student finance, you’ll need to tell Student Finance England as it may affect what you’re entitled to. You will need to inform Student Finance of changes to details such as:

  • Address
  • Bank Account
  • Course, such as changing course or leaving, returning or taking a break
  • Loan amount or type, such as the Tuition Fee Loan amount
  • Personal information
  • Family circumstances

You can use your online account to change these details.

Leaving your course early

If you leave your course early, it may affect your entitlement to financial support if you return to higher education in the future. Talk to your partner provider and Student Finance England before you make a final decision.

If you withdraw before a certain date, you may have to make a direct payment to your partner provider to cover all or part of your tuition fees. Make sure you check their rules before you make a final decision.

Again, you should let Student Finance England know by logging in to your student finance account and select ‘Make a change to your application’.


Disabled Students’ Allowances

Please be aware that the responsibility for helping you to organise your Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) support is that of your college. There will be a representative at your institution who will be able to help you. You can also find further information on the GOV.UK website.

To apply for DSA you will need to complete and send one of the following:

  • 'DSA1full' form - if you're only applying for DSA and no other student finance

  • 'DSA slim' form - if you've already applied for other student finance e.g. a Tuition Fee Loan

You can download the application form from the DSA website.