I am a Senior Lecturer and the Course Leader for MA Ceramics. I am responsible for all aspects of curriculum, management delivery and development, and fostering links with industry through collaborative projects.
I attended the University of Wales, Staffordshire University, Savonia Polytechnic, and the Royal College of Art before becoming a tableware designer in France and Stoke-on-Trent. I have over 10 years’ experience designing for mass manufacturing in the hospitality industry, including creating best-selling ranges for global brands.
I am currently an External Examiner at Central Saint Martins.
Professional memberships and activities
- FRSA, Fellow of the Royal Society for Arts Manufacturers and Commerce
- Advance HE Professional Development Course for External Examiners
- MA Ceramics and Glass, Royal College of Art
- BA Ceramic Design, Staffordshire University
- Foundation Art and Design, University of Wales Institute Cardiff
- Ceramics manufacturing
- Computer Aided Design
- 3D Printing and CNC machining
- Clay Printing
- Collaborative research with Chris Wayman and Neil Brownsword.
Course Leader MA Ceramics
2019 – Externalising the Archive, British Ceramics Biennial, Stoke-on-Trent
2020 – Spode Museum Trust 250th Anniversary Exhibition, Stoke-on-Trent