I graduated from Liverpool Hope University in 1993 and spent 3 years working for Staffordshire County Council. I joined Stoke City Council in 1997 when the new unitary authority started. Here I developed and implemented the Education Maintenance Allowance pilot scheme which developed my project management skills. In 1999/2000 I completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Guidance at Manchester Metropolitan University. In early 2001 I started work in the Careers Centre as a project manager and then completed my training as a Careers Adviser in 2003.
I currently volunteer as a chaperone for a local junior choir and performing arts school. I also volunteer as part of a Community Trust.
Professional memberships and activities
Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS)
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2015
Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2014
MMU PG Diploma Careers Guidance
Liverpool Hope University BA Hons Psychology & Sociology
- Supporting careers education through teaching and learning
- Supporting the use of eCoach resource in academic modules
- I deliver IAG to students, graduates and staff in individual consultations, face to face, in groups and electronically
- I manage and deliver projects in addition to client facing work
- Supporting disabled students through transition from HE to employment, former member of AGCAS Disability Task Group.