My career background is a combination of clinical, practice development and teaching which are all relevant to my current role. My nursing experience was mainly focused on accident and emergency nursing and trauma and orthopaedics where I was a ward sister.
Over the years I have gained a wealth of experience in healthcare and worked towards achieving the qualifications that can broaden my opportunities. I am passionate about lifelong learning and the education for future nurses. It is a privilege to be involved in my students’ educational and professional journey.
Professional memberships and activities
- NMC Nursing register - Adult Nurse and Nurse Teacher.
- Senior HEA Fellow.
- Royal College of Nursing
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education (Staffordshire University) 2009
- MSc in Health Policy (Staffordshire University) 2008
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (Manchester Metropolitan University) 1998
- Diploma in Nursing (University of London) 1994
- Orthopaedic Nursing (ENB 219) 1990
- Registered General Nurse 1986
Undergraduate Registered Nurse BSc (Hons) Nursing Practice
I currently teach on various modules including clinical skills, adult nursing care and professional considerations. I am also Practice Learning Area Team Lead for one of our large practice placement partners and provide support not only for Staffordshire University adult nursing students whilst out on their placement experience but also for the clinical staff who supervise and assess our students.
This is a challenging but fulfilling role as I feel that I can share my experiences and knowledge of patient care with my students. I aim to provide support and encouragement to my students so that they can reach their potential.