I joined the nursing profession when I was in my 30s after working as a Healthcare Support Worker and finding my vocation. After training at the North Staffs Royal Infirmary, I initially worked in neuro-surgical nursing but was lucky to secure a community staff nurse post based in Stoke. I have had the privilege of working within the local area and gained so much from the patients I worked with. I am a son of the city, nursed within our community and I am passionate about the University’s inclusive agenda. I am the first member of my family to attend University and I know how education can change lives, increase self-esteem, and endow social capital.
I have over 10 years’ experience in teaching and supporting students. My aim is to be inspirational and to put the student at the centre of our learning community. I am truly committed to education and feel proud that I can contribute to the development of people who are able to deliver compassionate, skilled care with high levels of resilience and professionalism.
Professional memberships and activities
I am registered with the NMC
- Level 8 Individual Modules (Staffordshire University)
- MSc Nurse Education (Staffordshire University)
- PG Diploma Health Care Education (Sheffield Hallam University)
- BSc (Hons) Specialist Practice. District Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing Studies (Adult) (Keele University)
- Registered Nurse – Adult
- Lecturer / Practice Educator
- Community Practitioner Nurse Prescriber
- Specialist Practitioner - District Nursing
- Nurse Independent / Supplementary Prescriber