My teaching and research focus in the field of cyber security, machine/deep learning, digital forensics, and computer science. In addition, I have many years’ of industry experience in a wide range of computing/IT fields, including computer security and cryptography, programming (C, C++, Bash, Awk/Sed Perl, Python, and Ruby), computer forensics, embedded systems, kernel internals, computer architecture, operating systems, Linux/Unix, malware analysis and secure programming. My current research explores the use of biology as a reference discipline that can provide meaningful insight and innovation in the Cyber Security domain.
Professional memberships and activities
- Fellow Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- IACR (International Association for Cryptologic Research)
PgC in Higher and Professional Education (Distinction)
MSc Computer Science (Distinction)
- Unix/Linux (Solaris, OpenBSD, Debian, Red Hat, Fedora, SuSE, and Slackware)
- Machine/Deep Learning & Bio-inspired computing.
- Expert systems
- Cybersecurity and cryptography.
- Malware analysis and secure programming.
- Digital Forensics
- Distributed system and concurrent computing.
- Linux kernel internals & embedded systems.
- Variety of programming languages (C, C++, Bash, Lua, Python,..)
- Virtualisation & Cloud Computing.
My research seeks unconventional methods to improve computer security. My research Interests include machine/deep learning, expert systems, computer security, digital forensics, IoT, biological inspired computation and artificial life.
Lutta Pantaleon, Mohamed Sedky and Mohamed Hassan (2018), The Forensic
Swing of Things, Manuscript submitted to ACM Transactions on data Science (TDS),
Lutta Pantaleon and Mohamed Hassan (2017), An Investigation into the Impact of
Rooting Android Device on User Data Integrity, IEEE Seventh International Confer-
ence on Emerging Security Technologies (EST), Canterbury, 2017, pp. 32-37.
doi: 10.1109/EST.2017.8090395 (url: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8090395/)
Mohamed Hassan, Alexios Mylonas, Stilianos Vidalis (2016), When Biology Meets
Cyber-Security, The Journal of Information Systems Security - JISSec - Volume 12, Issue 3, 2016.
- Ethical Hacking
- Advanced Cybersecurity
- Advanced Software Security Operations in the Cyber-Domain: Ethical Hacking 2 (D/L)
- Penetration Testing
- Operating Systems Security
- Operating Systems Security (D/L)
- Cybercrime Forensic Analysis