Dr. Muddasar Khwaja is serving as Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing in the Department of Business and Law, School of Justice, Security and Sustainability, Staffordshire University. He holds Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Marketing from the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia. He possesses corporate experience of more than seven years, and teaching experience of more than five years. He has worked in different capacities at leading multinational corporations like the British Council, Nestle, The Coca-Cola Company and Marriott Hotel. He is also a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA).
Before joining Staffordshire University, he has served in senior academic positions at University of Westminster in Tashkent, Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, Webster University, SZABIST University, and UCSI University Malaysia.
He has published his research studies in reputed academic research journals. He has also presented his research papers in leading international and national research conferences. Moreover, he has been providing trainings on quantitative and qualitative research-based tools like SPSS, AMOS, R, Mplus, SmartPLS and NVIVO. He is a proficient user of digital marketing tools like Power BI, Alexa and Tableau. His research interests include digital marketing, marketing analytics, tourism marketing, technology management, and consumer psychology.
Professional memberships and activities
- Member of the American Marketing Association
- PhD in Digital Marketing- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- MS in Management Sciences - SZABIST
- Bachelor of Business Administration – National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences
- Quantitative data analysis using SPSS, AMOS, R, Mplus and SmartPLS.
- Qualitative data analysis using NVIVO.
- Structural equation modelling and multi-level modelling.
- Cross-sectional, longitudinal, causal and experimental research design.
- Data visualization using Power BI and Tableau.
- Digital Marketing
- Consumer Psychology
- Sales Management
- Tourism Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Occupational Psychology
- Advanced Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods and Techniques
- Strategic Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Strategic Brand Management
- International Business
- Digital Marketing
- Cocreation of Brand Communities
- Contemporary Marketing
- Public Relations
- Sales Management
- Marketing Intelligence
- Consumer Behaviour
- Services Marketing
- Retail Management
- Marketing Management
- Social Enterprise
- Strategy in a Complex World
- Business and Global Issues
- Information Technology in Business
- Zaman, U., Aktan, M., & Khwaja, M. G. (2022). Linking Regenerative Travel and Residents’ Support for Tourism Development in Kaua'i (Hawaii): Moderating-Mediating effects of Travel-Shaming and Foreign Tourist Attractiveness. Journal of Travel Research, (AJG/ABS 4, IF= 10.982)
- Zaman, U., Barnes, S. J., Abbasi, S., Anjam, M., Aktan, M., & Khwaja, M. G. (2022). The Bridge at the End of the World: Linking Expat’s Pandemic Fatigue, Travel FOMO, Destination Crisis Marketing, and Vaxication for “Greatest of All Trips”. Sustainability, 14(4), 2312. (IF= 3.251 – SSCI/Scopus indexed)
- Zaman, U., Florez-Perez, L., Anjam, M., Khwaja, M. G., & Ul-Huda, N. (2022). At the end of the world, turn left: examining toxic leadership, team silence and success in mega construction projects. Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management. (IF= 3.531 – SSCI/Scopus indexed)
- Bashir, S., & Khwaja, M. G., (2021). Refining e-Shoppers’ Perceived Risks: Development and Validation of New Measurement Scale. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 58. (IF= 7.135 – SSCI/Scopus indexed)
- Bashir, S., Khwaja, M. G., & Mahmood, A. (2021). Mores of the customer base for ecotourism industry: Development and validation of a new measurement scale. PLOS one, 16(2), e0246410. (IF= 3.240 – SSCI/Scopus indexed)
- Zaman, U., Perez, L.F., Khwaja, M.G., Abbasi, S., Qureshi, M. G., (2021). Exploring the critical nexus between authoritarian leadership, project team member's silence and multi-dimensional success in a state-owned mega construction project, International Journal of Project Management, 39(8), 873-886 (IF= 7.172 – SSCI/Scopus indexed)
- Zaman, U., Perez, L.F., Farias, S., Abbasi, S., Khwaja, M.G., Wijaksana, T. I., (2021). Shadow of your former self: Exploring project leader’s post-failure behavior (resilience, self-esteem and self-efficacy) for sustainable high-tech projects. 13(22), 128-148 (IF= 3.251 – SSCI/Scopus indexed)
- Zaman, U., Aktan, M., Anjam, M., Argusa, J., Khwaja, M.G., Farias, P., (2021). Can Post-Vaccine ‘Vaxication’ Rejuvenate Global Tourism? Nexus between COVID-19 Branded Destination Safety, Travel Shaming, Incentives and the Rise of Vaxication Travel. 13(24), 140-163 (IF= 3.251 – SSCI/Scopus indexed)
- Khwaja, M. G., Zaman, U., Butt, A. H., (2021). Are digital influencers social change catalysts? Empirical findings from the online apparel industry Order a copy of this article. International Journal of Technology Marketing. (Scopus indexed)
- Bashir, S., Khwaja, M. G., Rashid, Y., Turi, J. A., & Waheed, T. (2020). Green Brand Benefits and Brand Outcomes: The Mediating Role of Green Brand Image. SAGE Open, 10(3), 2158244020953156. (IF= 1.54 - SSCI/Scopus indexed)
- Khwaja, M. G., Mahmood, S., & Zaman, U., (2020). Examining the Effects of eWOM, Trust Inclination, and Information Adoption on Purchase Intentions in an Accelerated Digital Marketing Context. Information. 11(10), 478. (ESCI / Scopus indexed)
- Khwaja, M. G., & Zaman, U., (2020). Configuring the evolving role of eWOM on the consumers information adoption. Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity. 6(4), 125. (Scopus indexed)
- Tabassum, S., Khwaja, M. G., & Zaman, U., (2020). Can Narrative Advertisement and eWOM Influence Generation Z Purchase Intentions? 11(12), 545. (ESCI / Scopus indexed)
- Khwaja, M. G., Mahmood, S., & Jusoh, A., (2020). Online information bombardment! How does eWOM on social media lead to consumer purchase intentions? International Journal of Grid and Utility Computing, 11(6), pp.857–867. (ESCI / Scopus indexed)
- Khwaja, M. G., Mahmood, S., & Jusoh, A. (2020). The impacts of Quality Management on Customer Focus in the Beverages Industry. Proceedings on Engineering Sciences, 2(1), 81-92.
- Khwaja, M. G., Turi, J. A., & Toheed, H. (2019). Extension of planned behavioral theory to consumer behaviors in green hotel. Heliyon, 5(12), e02974. (ESCI/Scopus indexed)
- Khwaja, M. G., Jusoh, A., & Nor, K. M. (2019). Does online social presence lead to purchase intentions? International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, 12(2), 198-206 (Scopus indexed)
- Mahmood, S., Khwaja, M. G., & Jusoh, A., (2019). Electronic Word of Mouth on Social Media Websites: Role of Social Capital Theory, Self-Determination Theory, and Altruism. International Journal of Space-Based and Situated Computing, 9(2), 1-13 (ESCI/Scopus indexed)
- Khwaja, M. G., Jusoh, A., & Nor, K. M. (2019). Does Electronic word-of-mouth (eWOM) on Social Media leads to Information Adoption? Empirical Evidence from the Emerging Markets! International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, 8(4), 3281-3288 (Scopus indexed)
- Rehman, M. U., Butt, M. A., Khwaja, M. G., & Kashif, M. (2018). Analyzing the Link Between Accounting Sensitive Non-Debt Tax Shields and Investment Opportunity Set. Public Finance Quarterly, 63(4), 549-566. (ESCI/Scopus indexed)
- Zada, H., Rehman., M., & Khwaja, G., (2018). Application of Fama and French Five Factor Model of Asset Pricing: Evidence from Pakistan Stock Market. International Journal of Economics, Management and Accounting, 26(1), 1-23. (ESCI/Scopus indexed)
- Akhter, S., Malik, M. F., Khwaja, M.G, Mehmood, S., (2018). Flexible HRM Practices and Employee Retention: Developing and Testing of an Integrated Model. International Journal of Modern Management Sciences 7(1), 13-27
- Khwaja M.G., (2014). The Impacts of Quality Management on Performance: A Case Study of Kohinoor Textile Mills Limited, Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 5 (9), 358-382.
- Khwaja, M. G., & Ahmad, H. (2013) The Role of Perceived Organizational Politics (POP) in Examining Organizational Citizenship Behaviors (OCBs); Taking Self-monitoring as Moderator. International Journal of Science and Research 2 (11), 368-373.
- Khwaja, M. G., Jusoh, A., & Nor, K, M., (2019). How Electronic Word of Mouth (eWOM) leads to Information Adoption? 6th GSOM Emerging Markets Conference-2019, October 3-5, 2019. St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Khwaja, M, G., (2019). Is Electronic Word of Mouth (eWOM) the future of modern marketing? Empirical evidences from the emerging markets! Shapes of Futures- Interdisciplinary Conference, 1-2 March 2019, University of Bielsko-Biała, Poland
- Khwaja, M. G., Mahmood, S., Jusoh, A., & Nor, K, M., (2018). Determining the Role of Quality Management Practices on Organizational Performance using Balanced Scorecard Approach with the Moderating Effects of Culture in the Beverages Industry of Pakistan. GSOM Emerging Markets Conference-2018, Petersburg, Russia.
- Khwaja, M. G., Jusoh, A., & Nor, K, M., (2018). Investigating Social Media Marketing Impacts On Consumer Behaviours With The Moderating Effects Of Negative Viral Marketing: Empirical Evidences From Emerging Markets. 10th Malaysia International Conference on Languages, Literature's and Cultures, Malacca, Malaysia.
- Khwaja, M. G., Jusoh, A., & Nor, K, M., (2018). Investigating the Effects of Social Presence on Purchase Intentions in the Emerging Market: An Empirical Investigation. SIBR-Thammasat 2018 Bangkok Conference on Interdisciplinary Business and Economics Research, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Khwaja, M. G., Jusoh, A., (2017). The Impacts of Social Presence on Consumer Purchase Intentions by mediating the effects of Trust. 3rd Asia International Conference 2017 (AIC2017), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 1-22.
- Khwaja, M.G., Nawaz S.M., Zaman, U., (2017). Determining the Influential Role of Humorous an Sentimental Marketing on the Development of Brand Image: An Empirical Investigation. In the Proceedings of 29th IBIMA Conference Vienna, Austria 3 - 4 May 2017.
- Khwaja, M. G ., (2017).Determining the impacts of Ketchup Industry rebranding on Customer Satisfaction levels: A Case Study. In the Proceedings of 20th National Research Conference, SZABIST Islamabad. -19 April, 2017
- Khwaja M.G., (2017). Determining The Evolving Role of EWOM in Social Media on Information Adoption and Consumers Purchase. 6th CUST Business Research Conference, CUST Islamabad Campus. 2017
- Khwaja, M.G., (2016). The Impacts of Social Media Marketing on Consumer Behaviours by Moderating The Role of Viral Marketing: A Study on The Restaurants of Twin Cities, 8th South Asian International Conference SAICON 2016.
- Khwaja M.G., (2016). Effect of Psychological Capital on Employee Creativity with moderating effect of Supervisor Support, Society for Asian Management Research SAMR 2016
- Khwaja M.G., (2016). The Impacts of Quality Management upon Organizational Performance by moderating the role of Power Distance. 1st National Conference on Public Administration and Management.
- Khwaja M.G., (2016). The effects of Trade Sales Promotional Strategies on Marketing Performance: A study on The Coca Cola Company. 5th CUST Business Research Conference 2016.
- Khwaja M.G., (2014). Quality Management impact upon organizational performance by moderating the role of power distance. In the Proceedings of 19th National Research Conference-20 June, 2014
- Khwaja M.G., (2013). The examination of organizational justice on employees' absenteeism, by mediating the role of organizational support. In the Proceedings of 18th National Research Conference -16 January, 2014.