I am the Deputy Course Director within the Institute of Policing, previously having 30 years experience as an operational police officer with Staffordshire Police and 12 years experience as a lecturer / senior lecturer with Staffordshire University.
During the last 10 years of my policing career, I undertook the role of Senior Investigating Officer and was primarily involved in the management of Homicide Investigation and other major crime case types, including kidnapping & extortion and serious sexual offences.
Over the last three years, I have worked closely with the College of Policing, the West Midlands Regional Police Forces (West Midlands Police, Staffordshire Police, West Mercia Police & Warwickshire Police) and other Higher Education Institutions, in the development and delivery of the Police Education Qualifications Framework (PEQF), including the Pre-Join Degree, Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship, the Degree Holder Entry Programme and the Detective Constable Degree Holder Entry Programme.
Outside of the University, I act as technical advisor for a number of local ‘crime’ authors.
Professional memberships and activities
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Higher Education Forum for Learning and Development in Policing
- Criminal Investigation Research Network
- MA Transnational Organised Crime - Staffordshire University.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education – Staffordshire University.
- Accreditation as a Senior Investigating Officer (SIO) for the Investigation and Management of Linked Serious Crime – National Police Improvement Agency (NPIA).
- Accreditation as a Senior Investigating Officer (SIO) for the Investigation and Management of Kidnap & Extortion – National Police Improvement Agency (NPIA).
- Accreditation as a Senior Investigating Officer (SIO) for the Investigation and Management of Serious Crime – National Police Improvement Agency (NPIA).
- Homicide Investigation
- Investigation of kidnapping and Extortion
- Investigation of Serious Crime
- Investigation of Serious Linked Crime
- Investigative Interviewing
- Police Education
- Transnational Organised Crime