1. Ahrends, A., Bulling, M., Platts, P., Swetnam, R. D., Ryan, C., Doggart, N., et al. (2021) Detecting and predicting forest degradation: A comparison of ground surveys and remote sensing in Tanzanian forests. Plants, People, Planet, 3: 268-281.
2. Jovanovska, D., Swetnam, R. D., Tweed, F. S., Melovski, L. (2020) Assessing the landscape visual quality of Shar Planina, North Macedonia. Landscape Ecology, in press.
3. Swetnam, R. D. & Korenko, J. (2019) Can computer game landscapes target new audiences for landscape quality assessment? Applied Geography, 113, doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeog.2019.102102
4. Atkins, E., Swetnam R. D., Mitchell, P., Dover, J. W. (2018) Surveying Small Mammals in Urban Hedges. Mammal Communications 4: 7-15.
5. Swetnam, R. D., & Tweed, F. S. (2018) A tale of two landscapes: which landscape metrics are truly transferable? Land Use Policy, 76: 565-576.
6. Swetnam, R. D., Harrison, S. K., & Smith, G. R., (2017) Quantifying visual landscape quality in rural Wales: A GIS-enabled method for extensive monitoring of a valued cultural ecosystem service. Ecosystem Services, 26: 451-464.
7. Willcock, S., Phillips, O., Platts, P, Swetnam R. D., et al., (2016) Land cover change and carbon emissions over 100 years in an African biodiversity hotspot. Global Change Biology, doi:10.111/gcb.13218.
Full publications listing includes 47 refereed scientific papers, 70+ contract reports (Defra, MAFF, Welsh Government, Natural England), 1 book, 4 book chapters. Please contact Ruth direct for access.
Blogs written for a wider audience https://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/geography/2016/06/26/black-ice-dirty-ice/ https://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/geography/2016/06/13/iceland-glaciers-volcanoes-and-tourists/