I joined Staffordshire University in 2014 after completing my bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. Following that I obtained my PhD in Electrical & Electronic Engineering specialising in the field of Photovoltaic technology in 2020, after which I was appointed as a lecturer in Electrical Engineering focusing on power systems.
I am currently the course leader for BEng/MEng - Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
I have also overseen the electrical, electronic and renewable energy laboratories between 2018-2020 at Staffordshire University.
My background is in power system and renewable energy systems in particularly focusing on Solar cells and Photovoltaic technology as means of green energy production.
Professional memberships and activities
- Member of Institution of Engineering & Technology (MIET)
- Member of Institution of Physics (MinstP)
- Associate Member of Energy Institute (AMEI)
- PhD, Electrical & Electronic Engineering ‘Investigation into Device Optimisation of Organic Solar Cells Using Narrow Bandgap Polymer and the Role of Acceptor Material’, Staffordshire University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education, Staffordshire University.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods, Staffordshire University
- BEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering, Staffordshire University
- Experimental Physics
- Power Systems
- Grid Connection of renewable energies
- System Modelling
- Photovoltaics Systems
- Smart Grids
- Grid connection of Renewable Energies
- Self-sustained Energy Systems for remote locations
- Space application of Solar cells
- Plastic Electronics
I am module leader for the following modules:
- ELEC61030ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
- ELEC41000FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
- ELEC41010PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND ENGINEERING APPLICATIONS
Also involved with the following modules:
- ELEC71030SMART GRIDS: INTELLIGENT NETWORKED POWER ENGINEERING
- ELEC61020ELECTRICAL POWER GENERATION, TRANSMISSION, DISTRIBUTION AND SUPPLY INDUSTRY
- ELEC51020MODELLING AND SIMULATION
- MECH31010 ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS
Komilian, S., 2019. Investigation into Device Optimisation of Organic Solar Cells Using Narrow Bandgap Polymer and the Role of Acceptor Material (Doctoral dissertation, Staffordshire University).
Oklobia, O., Komilian, S. and Sadat-Shafai, T., 2018. Impedance spectroscopy and capacitance–voltage measurements analysis: Impact of charge carrier lifetimes and mapping vertical segregation in bulk heterojunction P3HT: PCBM solar cells. Organic Electronics, 61, pp.276-281.
Komilian, S., Oklobia, O. and Sadat-Shafai, T., 2018. Data related to the PC71BM loading and it's impact on nanostructuring for blend of PBDTTT-EFT: PC71BM bulk heterojunction solar cell. Data in brief, 16, pp.506-510.
Komilian, S., Oklobia, O. and Sadat-Shafai, T., 2018. Controlling intercalations of PBDTTT-EFT side chain to initiate suitable network for charge extraction in PBDTTT-EFT: PC71BM blended bulk heterojunction solar cell. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 175, pp.35-40.