Job Title and Responsibilities
Lecturer in International Relations
I joined the History and International Relations team in January 2019. Prior to my appointment at Staffordshire, I was Assistant Professor at the School of Politics and International Relations, University of Nottingham. I hold a PhD in International Relations (2017) from the University of Birmingham, and an MA and BA in War and Society from Swansea University.
- PhD International Relations (2017)
Centre for Russian, European and Eurasian Studies, Department of Political Science and International Studies, University of Birmingham.
MA War and Society (2010)
BA War and Society (2009)
- Russian foreign and security policy
- Intervention, Responsibility to Protect and peacekeeping
- European security governance
- Institutionalism and defence cooperation (with a focus on the Anglo-American relationship)
I teach on the following Distance Learning modules
- International Relations (Level 4)
- International Security (Level 7)
- Issues in International Security (Level 7)
- Russian Foreign and Security Policy (Level 7, forthcoming academic year, 2019-2020)
- Security Governance (Level 7, forthcoming academic year, 2019-2020).
Deliver several 2-3 day specialised short courses for the Ministry of Defence throughout the academic year.