Following a generous donation from the will of Dr Ruth Thompson, the Progression Scholarship for the Teachers of Tomorrow has been established to support students within education whose aim is to become a teacher.
The scholarship comprises three awards of £2,000, each awarded for two years. It has been designed to assist people already working in education, for example, to help teaching assistants who want to the next step in becoming a teacher but who would need extra funds to be able to take a year out of their career to complete their PGCE.
Funding is available to students who meet the following criteria:
- Part-time current Staffordshire University students wishing to progress to a full-time award on-campus within the Education Department. e.g. Those graduating from undergraduate who are progressing to PGCE or full-time MA Education.
- Working full-time (above 16 hours per week).
- Funding can only be received once studying has commenced.
Applications for this bursary are now closed.
Students must be actively engaged in their studies, with failure to do this resulting in the removal of the bursary.
Students must also be willing to be involved in University publicity campaigns e.g., social media, web, news articles, and magazines if required.
How to apply
To apply, students must provide an explanation of how the £2,000 will support them in their studies and how it will aid to further their career within education.
Bursary payment exemptions
- The University will conduct a review of a student’s bursary if progress or performance in their studies is deemed to be unsatisfactory without an appropriate reason for this.
- If the scholar ceases to no longer be a registered student at the University or they take up full-time employment whilst in receipt of the bursary, no further payments will occur.
- The University has the right to withdraw an award from anyone who is found to have misled the institution about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid to them.
- Staffordshire University reserves the right to revise or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. All decisions made by the Development and Alumni Relations Office are final.