We hope this information is helpful. Please note that Staffordshire University is not responsible for the quality, accuracy or effectiveness of the services, information or advice provided by organisations external to the University.
If you are looking for help in an emergency or feel you need support urgently, you could try one or more of these options (open 24 hours every day unless otherwise stated):
- phone for an ambulance and/or the Police on 999
- go to the Accident and Emergency Department at a hospital
- contact your GP or 'out of hours' GP support
- phone the NHS Mental Health Access Team for South Staffordshire on 0808 196 3002 and for Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin on 0808 196 4501. MPFT NHS Mental Health Access Service
- phone the NHS Mental Health Crisis Care Team for Stoke on Trent and North Staffordshire on 0300 123 0907 NSCHT NHS Mental Health Crisis Care Team
- for information about options to consider immediately after a rape or sexual assault, visit the NHS Choices web pages. You could also contact Staffordshire University Sexual Violence Prevention and Support Team. If you wish to contact a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) in the Staffordshire and surrounding areas, you could contact:
Grange Park - Staffordshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre. Cobridge Community Health Centre, Church Terrace, Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 2JW. Tel: 0800 970 0372 or 101 if you want to access the service with Police support. Grange Park
The Glade Sexual Assault Referral Centre - Centres in Worcestershire and Telford Tel: 0808 178 2058. The Glade
In addition to the services mentioned above, if you are looking for support outside of our opening times, or are having suicidal thoughts or finding it difficult to cope, you could also try:
- Papyrus HOPELINEUK Tel: 0800 068 4141 (9am - 10pm weekdays, 2pm - 10pm weekends and Bank Holidays) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Text: 07860 039967
- The Samaritans Tel: 116 123 (24 hrs every day) Email: email@example.com
- Staffordshire Mental Health Helpline Tel: 0808 800 2234 (7pm - 2am weekdays, 2pm - 2am weekends) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Text: 07860 022821
- NHS 111 Tel: 111 (24 hrs every day)
- CAM Crisis messenger (Cameron Grant Memorial Trust) Text CAM to 85258 for 24/7 crisis support
- Staying Safe (from suicidal thoughts) - self-help resource
For more information on these and other services see the Sources of support page.
You may also find the Self-help page helpful.