Skip to content

Off-campus support

Atoms/Iconography/360-white@2xion-briefcase - Ionicons Copy@2xAtoms/Iconography/calendar-dark@2xAtoms/Iconography/calendar-pinkAtoms/Iconography/calendar-pinkAtoms/Iconography/calendar-dark Copy@2x3B13F687-6EB2-452A-B918-16B02FF86090@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2x81A2B1C2-3C1E-48C0-8EAB-2BB76C1052E1@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome@2xchevron-right - FontAwesome Copy@2x18D48E51-758C-47E9-949E-1E58FC9454A3@2xAtoms/Iconography/close-red@2xAtoms/Iconography/close-white@2xion-android-cloud-circle - Ionicons@2xAtoms/Brand/connected-uni-logo-white@2xAtoms/Iconography-download-icon-white@2xdropdown-chevron-black@2xAtoms/Iconography/dropdown-form-chevron-white@2xAtoms/Iconography/email-icon-light@1xF93E1E4C-136C-41CA-8FC9-02353765C1C0@2xA14CB21F-CD96-450C-BBD7-6647B25B0D0D@1xatoms/Iconography/facebook-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/facebook-iconAtoms/Iconography/google-plus-icon@2xion-ios-information-outline - IoniconsAtoms/Iconography/instagram-iconGroup@2xAtoms/Iconography/linkedin-icon@2xion-android-menu - Ionicons@2x934F565B-4D4A-4BBE-B4EA-29E0D367BC7F@2xAtoms/Iconography/minus-icon@2xAEC8A5E2-9638-45F8-9E94-3C320D2410A9@2xAtoms/Iconography/nav-icon-white Copy@2xAtoms/Iconography/pause-icon-white@2xion-android-person - Ionicons@2xAtoms/Iconography/phone-icon-white@2x5131105A-B2E1-443D-A44D-E6DCCBBF53DD@2xAtoms/iconography/pintrest-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/play-button-white@2xAtoms/Iconography-play-button-white-2@2xAtoms/Iconography/plus-icon-black@2xAtoms/Iconography/print-icon-light@2x34CD08DE-22EB-4484-B0B4-48190645DEBC@2xsearch - FontAwesome@2xAtoms/Iconography/search-white@2xAtoms/Iconography/snapchat-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/tick-green@2xAtoms/Iconography/twitter-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/twitter-iconAtoms/Iconography/youtube-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/youtube-icon@2xAtoms/Iconography/icon-tiktok-iconAtoms/Iconography/icon-tiktok-colour

As well as the support available to you on-campus as one of our students, there is also a lot of support you can access off-campus.  Below are some suggestions, but the list is by no means exhaustive.

Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)

A Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) provides services to victims/survivors of rape or sexual assault regardless of whether the survivor/victim chooses to reports the offence to the police or not.

Sexual Assault Referral Centres are designed to be comfortable and multi-functional, providing private space for interviews and examinations, and some may also offer counselling services. "SARC"s have specialist staff that are trained to help you make informed decisions about what you want to do next

Grange Park is the Staffordshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre. They are based at Cobridge Community Health Centre, Church Terrace, Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 2JW. Tel: 0300 7900 166 open 9am - 5pm weekdays.

The Glade Sexual Assault Referral Centre covers the West Mercia, Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin regions. Tel: 0808 178 2058 open 24 hours every day.

There are many Sexual Assault Referral Centres across the UK that you can contact.

For information about options to consider immediately after a rape or sexual assault, visit the NHS Choices web pages.

Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVA)

Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVA) can help if your life has been affected by sexual violence and sexual abuse.

ISVA have a confidential 24hr Helpline - 0870 2700 123

The free ISVA service can support you regardless of your gender or sexuality in determining your own strategies for recovery at your own pace, working by advocacy and support, in the following areas:

  • Criminal and Civil Legal Support
  • Issues to support your children
  • Advice & Support on Health Issues
  • Emotional Support
  • 24 Hour helpline
  • Social Network
  • Finances
  • Housing
  • Personal Safety

In our region, the ISVA project covers the following areas: Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire Moorlands, South Staffordshire, East Staffordshire, Stafford Borough, Cannock District, Tamworth, Lichfield.


AXIS is a service available to people living in Telford and Shropshire, there are ISVA Advisors based at both offices. You can self refer by calling the ISVA team on 01743 243007 (Shropshire) or 01952 586790 (Telford & Wrekin). Alternatively for students based at the Shrewsbury campus you can speak in confidence to a member of the Student Guidance team who can refer you to the service.

Staffordshire Women's Aid

Staffordshire Women's Aid is a specialist service who have been providing Domestic and Sexual Violence Services since 1976.

24 hour helpline: 0300 330 5959


Savana offers support and information to anyone who has encountered or experienced any form of sexual assault or violence at some point in their lives.

Wood House, Etruria Road, Hanley ST1 5NQ. Tel: 01782 433204 (24 hour message line).

Survivors UK

Survivors UK offers information and support for men (over 18) who have experienced childhood sexual abuse or adult sexual assault/rape.

Helpline Web Chat - 10.30am - 9pm weekdays, 10am - 6pm weekends. Email: Office Tel: 0203 598 3898 9.30am - 5pm weekdays.

Male Survivors Partnership

Male Survivors Partnership is a consortium of sexual abuse, rape and sexual exploitation support organisations that offer specialist support to boys and men across the UK, working together for the purpose of generating healing.

You can access support online, on the phone or face to face at a 1:1 or in a group, there is a variety of support out there, take a look at the services available via the Male Survivors Directory.

Telephone: 0808 800 5005

Rape Crisis England & Wales

Rape Crisis England & Wales is a national charity and the umbrella body for their network of independent member Rape Crisis Centres. Their website includes information about how to get help if you've experienced rape, child sexual abuse and/or any kind of sexual violence, and details of your nearest Rape Crisis services.

They have an informative section regarding 'Myths About Rape' which is aimed to help dispel some of the myths and raise awareness and understanding of sexual violence.

Tel: Freephone 0808 802 9999 available from 12 noon - 2.30pm and 7 - 9.30pm every day of the year.

Forced Marriage Unit (FMU)

The Forced Marriage Unit has a dedicated team of trained caseworkers who understand the issues surrounding forced marriage. They give advice and support to around 1500 people every year, so know about the pressures you may have experienced. They also know how difficult it can be to talk about your situation. They offer support and information to anyone who has experienced forced marriage, or is worried about being forced into marriage.

The FMU has published 'Forced Marriage A Survivors Guide' which gives useful and practical information to help you take control of your life and focus on the future. This manual provides practical support and information for anyone who has experienced or escaped from a forced marriage.

You can also speak to the FMU on 0207 008 0151. It’s completely confidential and they will not contact your family, they are there to help you without any judgment.

Karma Nirvana

Karma Nirvana is a registered Charity that supports victims and survivors of forced marriage and honour based abuse.

Tel: 0800 5999 247

Rape Crisis

Rape Crisis is a registered charity and is the national umbrella organisation for a network of independent member Rape Crisis Centres, which provide crisis and longer term support.

Tel: 0808 802 9999 open weekdays, 3.00pm - 5.30pm.

Please note that Staffordshire University is not responsible for the quality, accuracy, or effectiveness of the services, information, or advice provided by organisations external to the University.