Printing while on campus
Don't worry about choosing a specific printer. If you are working on one of our computers, simply choose bwprint to print in black & white, or Colour Print to print in colour. You can then go to any printer in any of our buildings to collect your stuff.
1. On your computer go to the File tab, then Print.
2. Choose bwprint or Colour Print, then click Print.
3. Go to any printer.
4. Hold your student ID card over the scanner.
5. Tap Follow You Printing on the screen.
6. Tap the items you want to print, then tap Print.
If you need any help, just contact us.
Printing from your own laptop / device.
If you are using your own laptop or mobile device, you can still use our printers. Do the following from any web browser:
1. Go to hotspot.staffs.ac.uk.
2. Click the Print button.
3. Log in with your normal University username and password.
4. Click your location, then whether you want B&W or colour printing.
5. Click the Choose File button and browse to find the document that you wish to print.
6. You can specify the number of copies here if you want, as well as a page range, but it is not essential.
7. Click the Continue button.
8. Choose any print options you want, or just leave the default, then click Continue.
9. Your document will be sent to the printer.
When it is done, you will get a Complete message in a green box. Once you see this, you can collect your printing from any printer.
How much does it cost to print?
|A4 Black & White||3p|
|A3 Black & White||6p|
How do I top-up my printing account?
The easiest way to top-up your printing account is with the MyStaffsUni mobile app. Just tap the Print Credit tile.
You must log in with your full University email address and then your normal University password. Your email address is the username printed on your ID card, followed by @student.staffs.ac.uk. You can find full details on the email page.
User any web browser to go to our online shop and top-up your printing account:
It is just like using the app, so please log in with your University email address and then your normal University password.
You can scan your stuff free of charge at any of the printers, which are actually multi-function devices.
Hold your student ID card on the scanner to log in, then tap the Scan to Me button on screen. Follow the on screen instructions, and your scanned document will be emailed to you.
Check your email and you will find your scanned document as a PDF attachment, which you can save to your OneDrive, email to others, etc.
As well as printing and scanning, the multi-function devices also photocopy.
Hold your student ID card over the card scanner to log-in, then press the Copy key down the left-hand side of the screen. Note that this is a physical, black plastic key, to the top-left of the screen - it is not an on-screen soft key.
For a simple 1:1 photocopy, just press the big round Go button at the bottom-right of the printer panel. If you want any other options, just choose the settings on-screen before pressing Go.
Photocopying costs the same as printing, shown in the table further up this page. Please note that you will only be able to access the Copy menu if you have at least 15p in your printing account.
ContactDigital Service Desk
t: 01785 353800