Business specialists are offering free support and advice for Staffordshire micro-businesses and SME’s during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Lots of businesses are trying to work out how to adapt during and after the pandemic and we have plenty of experts to assist. Using digital technology and upskilling staff in the use of different digital tools can provide new opportunities for the businesses.
Experts from Staffordshire University’s Business School are running The Survive and Thrive project – a series of webinars and one-to-one business support funded by the Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF).
The initiative aims to help businesses across Staffordshire and the surrounding regions by linking up with academic experts and local entrepreneurs, including Simply Great Britain founder Emily Whitehead and Jane Pallister who runs business consultancy Booommm.
Jon Fairburn, Professor of Sustainable Development, is leading the project. He said: “Lots of businesses are trying to work out how to adapt during and after the pandemic and we have plenty of experts to assist. Using digital technology and upskilling staff in the use of different digital tools can provide new opportunities for the businesses.
“The webinars themselves give a great introduction to a number of topics which can then be followed up with more detailed and personal help.”
Applications for free one-to-one business support are now open and businesses are encouraged to register interest here.
The webinar series offers practical pointers on a range of topics including e-commerce, brand messaging, staff wellbeing, supply chain management and much more. The virtual talks all feature a panel of experts with the chance to ask questions along with downloadable tools and resources.
The talks take place at 2pm every Thursday (with an extra webinar on 7th July) and links to all previous webinars are available here. Upcoming webinars and details of how to register can be found below:
- Are you in the right place? How to connect to the right audience & analyse your performance 2pm June 11th Register here
- E-commerce 1: A fun, no techno-babble guide to having a go with electronic commerce! 2pm 18th June Register here
- E-commerce 2: A detailed navigation of the e-commerce strategy template introduced in the E-Commerce 1 webinar 2pm June 25th Register here
- How to manage your staff and their wellbeing out of the lockdown and beyond 2pm July 2nd Register here
- Introduction to advanced operations for key social media platforms 2pm July 7th Register here
- How to develop & integrate email marketing into your business 2pm July 9th Register here
- Managing change, risk and longevity – what does the future hold? 2pm July 16th Register here