As a Staffordshire University student, not only do you have access to the latest technology on campus, but you also have access to various software packages which you can download and install on your own personal device. This includes Microsoft Office 365, which is provided free of change for students for the duration of your time at Staffordshire University and can be installed on up to five different devices.
For a full list of the software available, plus instructions on how to download them, please visit our software downloads site, you will need your User ID and Password to access the site.
Digital Training Guides
Visiting The Catalyst/Blackheath Lane or London and need some assistance in connecting your device within our rooms and spaces? At our dedicated microsite you can access the latest digital training guides to get you up and running covering everything from the technology available in the building through to casting content, conference calling, using mobile devices and more.
Digital Training Guides
Assistive Hearing Spaces
What is Assistive Hearing?
Mobile Connect is an assistive and personal listening solution that streamslive audio content via Wi-Fi to any iOS or Android phone in the room.
What spaces has this technology available?
- SUL London. Mobile connect is available across the Logic Board, Strategy and Knowledge spaces as well as the stage.
- The Catalyst Mobile connect is available across the Gallery and Hall, the teaching spaces on the second floor and the Learning Market and Learning Lab,
- The CHI Mobile connect is available in the CHI Flexible teaching space.
- The Mellor Mobile connect is available in the Virtual Production studio.
How do I use Assistive Hearing?
- Request the QR Codes from email@example.com in advance
- Via your phone, simply download the Sennheiser mobile connect app from the Apple App Store or Goole Play store
- Ensure your device is connected to our Wi-Fi https://www.staffs.ac.uk/students/digital-services/wifi-eduroam
- Connect your headphones
- Scan the correct QR Code for your location.
- Adjust the audio to your personal preference using the Mobile App.
On top of your academic studies, there is also an enormous library of training materials available at your fingertips to help you to enhance your digital skills during your time at University.
You have access to LinkedIn Learning which has a whole host of online courses which you can take at your own pace.
In addition to this, as a Staffordshire University student we feel that at the end of your studies, as well as leaving us with a fantastic degree, we want you to have the opportunity to leave us equipped with a wide range of digital skills which will make you more employable and stand out in a crowded job market. To enable this, we have a whole site dedicated to training and certification which is available to you as a student at Staffordshire University, you will need your user ID and password to access the site.