Student Health Services

Why register with a GP at Stoke Campus?

For the first time ALL students (including international students) who register with Harley Street Medical Practice will have an opportunity to have a meningitis vaccination.

Even if you do not want to take up the offer of these vaccinations, we strongly recommend that you register with the Harley Street Medical Practice. You are probably thinking that you won’t need to visit the GP during your time at Staffordshire University, but experience tells us that Students become ill from time-to-time and this may mean that you need to visit a GP. This can prove difficult if your GP surgery is miles away or even on another continent!

Where is the GP based?

Harley Street Medical Practice can be found in Trent Building, on the Leek Road at the Stoke Campus

How do I register?

Follow this link  to register with Harley Street Medical Practice then go to 'Pre-registration form' and fill out your details making sure to complete all questions with a red asterisk, go to the next page and enter 'signature of patient' at the bottom of the form then' send' the completed form and you will be registered within 48 hours of sending the form. Next select 'Questionnaire for New Patients' and print out the form - you must take  complete form before your first GP appointment as the practice will need it

If you are not based at Stoke Campus
We would urge you to ensure that are registered with a GP, whichever campus you are based at. You can find a GP that is local to you via the NHS website


International students

Please register with the Harley Street Medical Practice as above. It is important that you register with a GP (Doctor) as experience tells us that Students become ill from time and if you need to see a GP or other health professional, it will not be possible to do this, if you have not registered.

You can find more information on our health matters Page for international students  

Help with NHS charges

An application form (HC1) for help with NHS charges is available from the Student Advice Centres (in the Students' Union), from GP Practices, or can be accessed online to print out and complete. This is renewable every six months.

Tip: Most people become liable to pay for prescriptions when they reach 19, so it is advisable to attend for any necessary dental, optical and other NHS consultations before your 19th birthday.


Student health services:
t: 0300 1231765 (Stoke)

Hospital Centre, Accident and Emergency
t: 01782 715444

Fire, Ambulance or Police
t: 999

The Samaritans (Counselling Service)
t: 08457 909090