Art And Design MPhil/PhD
|Course start||January, February, September, December|
|Stoke-on-Trent Campus||Full-time||2018/19 Academic Year||Apply Direct|
|Stoke-on-Trent Campus||Full-time||2019/20 Academic Year||Apply Direct|
We can offer supervision for a range of research degrees. These include:
- Art and Design
- Digital Design and Technologies
- Film, Media and Music
- Humanities (PhDs in history, literature, philosophy, or creative writing)
- Social Sciences (PhDs in international relations, politics or sociology)
The PhD commences with two simultaneous tasks.
- A short course (Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods) that builds up your knowledge and skills concerning the nature and practicalities of academic research
- The writing and agreement of an in-depth research proposal.
From that point, you work with your supervisors on an agreed schedule, leading up to the submission of the thesis. Throughout, you will be expected to participate fully in the life of the department (coming to departmental events, giving papers, etc.).
Along the way we will help you to develop skills and experience useful for your future. We try to provide, but cannot guarantee, teaching experience, as well as conference and publication experience.
Satisfactory completion of a relevant Masters award.
Cadman Information Point
t: +44(0)1782 294400
Enquire about this course