Incoming Students

The University will accept applications from students who are studying at one of our partner institutions. An Inter Institutional agreement (IIA) must exist between the sending university and Staffordshire University.   


You should express interest in studying abroad with your academic tutor and if approved then apply through your International office who will send through a nomination to us here at Staffordshire.    You should also submit your transcript of records, an academic reference and proof of English Language proficiency.
Once the nomination is received and accepted, you will be sent a link to formally apply on line.
Once the modules have been proposed and accepted, a Learning Agreement is prepared by your University and signed by them, Staffordshire University and yourself.  

Language Skills

Your home university should provide proof that your level of English is sufficient to study at the designated level.   It is the sending institution's responsibility to provide support to its nominated candidates so that they can have the recommended language skills at the start of the study or teaching period.

Nomination Deadlines

Applications for the Autumn term should be received prior to 1st June and for the Spring term before the 30th November.   Depending on capacity it may not be possible to process late applications.

All exchange and study abroad students are taught alongside home and international students who are taking a full degree programme.


A Transcript of Records will be issued by the Staffordshire University no later than 5 weeks after the assessment period has finished.


Please contact to enquire about accommodation.   Greenpad is an accommodation service run by the Student Union and works with reputable landlords to provide affordable accommodation of a reasonable standard.