- Senior Lecturer in Statistics and Operational Research
- Teaching modules in maths, statistics and operational research subject areas
- Research and industrial collaboration
- Supervision of PhD and postdoctoral researchers
- Coordination of personal tutoring for engineering students
- Organisation of engineering seminars
(Asad) Md Asaduzzaman is a Senior Lecturer in Statistics and Operational Research with Staffordshire University, Stoke-on-Trent, U.K., where he has been a faculty member since 2014. He was a Lecturer and an Assistant Professor of applied statistics with University of Dhaka. His primary research interests include queueing models and mathematical programming for performance measure, capacity and resource planning and management in healthcare and telecommunication networks and data analytics. Asad has received several awards, including the First Runner-Up prize of “The Doctoral Award” in 2011 from the Operational Research Society, U.K. and “Dean’s Honour Award” from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh in 2013.
Personal webpage www.mdasad.com
- PhD Operational Research
- MSc Bioinformatics
- MSc Applied Statistics
- BSc (Honors) Applied Statistics
Professional and other Activities
- External Examination, Liverpool John Moores University
- PhD Examination
- Member, IEEE
- Member, The Operational Research Society
- Fellow, The Higher Education Academy
- Associate Editor, IEEE Access
- Queueing models and mathematical programming for performance measure, capacity and resource planning and management in healthcare and telecommunication networks
- Big data analytics for business and finance, healthcare, earth and environmental sciences
Asaduzzaman M, Raouf A and Patwary MN (2018). Dynamic spectrum sharing optimization and post-optimization analysis with multiple operators in cellular networks, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 17(3), 1589-1603.
Raouf A, Asaduzzaman M and Patwary MN (2017). Radio resource sharing framework for cooperative heterogeneous networks with dynamic overflow modelling, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 66(3), 2433-2447.
Asaduzzaman M and Latif AHMM (2014). A parametric Markov renewal model for predicting tropical cyclones in Bangladesh, Natural Hazards, 73(2), 597-612.
Asaduzzaman M, and Chaussalet TJ (2014). Capacity planning of a perinatal network with generalised loss model with overflow, European Journal of Operational Research, 232(1), 178--185.
Asaduzzaman M, and Chaussalet TJ (2011). An overflow loss network model for capacity planning of a perinatal network, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A, 174(2), 403--417.
Asaduzzaman M, Chaussalet TJ and Robertson NJ (2010). A loss network model with overflow for capacity planning of a neonatal unit, Annals of Operations Research, 178(1), 67--76.
Adeyemi S, Chaussalet TJ, Xie H and Asaduzzaman M (2010). Random effects models for operational patient pathways, Journal of Applied Statistics, 37(4), 691--701.
For full list of publications, please go to Google Scholar
- Asaduzzaman M and Latif AHMM (2014). Forecasting tropical cyclones in Bangladesh: a Markov renewal approach, Computational intelligence techniques in earth and environmental sciences, Islam T, Gupta M, Mukherjee S, Zhu X, Srivastava P. (Eds.), Chapter 7, pp. 129-140, Springer.
Modules in maths, statistics and operational research subject areas
ContactDr Md Asaduzzaman
Senior Lecturer in Statistics and Operational Research
Department of Engineering, Staffordshire University
Room S216 Mellor Building
t: +44 (0)1782 294707