Job Title and Responsibilities
- Senior Lecturer in Computer Architecture & System Software
- Award Leader MSc Computer Science
- External Examiner for Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
- Member of Mobile Fusion Applied Research Centre (ARC) at Staffordshire University
I started my university teaching career in 2001 and worked as Lecturer and as Assistant Professor. Now, I work as a Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science, Staffordshire University. I am involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, MSc award management, external examination for other universities, postgraduate research e.g. Masters by Research (MRes), PhD supervision etc
- PhD thesis title: Application of control over Mobile Ad-hoc Network
- MSc in Computer & Network Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science
- BSc (Honours) in Computer Science
Teaching and Training Qualifications
- University Certificate in Continuous Professional Development – Research Supervision
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education (PgCHPE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Instructor for CCNA 1-4
- Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods (PgCRM)
- Computer Networks
- Real time application over Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET)
- CISCO networking
- Optimised Network Engineering Tool (OPNET)
- Real Time Systems
My areas of interest are Computer Networks, Real Time Systems, computer simulation etc.
- PhD, implementation of real time applications over Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET)
- PhD, virtual training environment for Human Adaptive Mechatronics
Journal publications (some publications available online)
- J. M. M. Kamal, M. S. Hasan, A. Carrington, and H. Yu, "Development and Verification of Simulation Model Based on Real MANET Experiments for Transport Layer Protocols (UDP and TCP)," International Journal of Automation and Computing, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 53-63, 2013.
- T. Dendup, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, "Analysis of Low Profile UHF RFID Tag Antennas and Performance Evaluation in Presence of a Metallic Surface," the Mediterranean Journal of Computers and Networks, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1-9, 2013.
- M. S. Hasan, "Student Experience in European Partnerships at Staffordshire University," Innovative Practice in Higher Education, vol. 1, no. 2, 2012.
- Y. Liu, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, "Modelling and Remote Control of an Excavator," the International Journal of Automation and Computing (IJAC), vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 349-358, 2010.
- H. Yu, Y. Liu, and M. S. Hasan, "Review of modelling and remote control for excavators," International Journal of Advanced Mechatronic Systems, vol. 2, no. 1-2, pp. 68-80, 2010.
- M. S. Hasan, H. Yu, A. Carrington, and T. C. Yang, "Co-simulation of wireless networked control systems over mobile ad hoc network using SIMULINK and OPNET," the Journal of IET Communications, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 1297-1310, 2009.
- M. S. Hasan, C. Harding, H. Yu, and A. Griffiths, "Modelling delay and packet drop in Networked Control Systems using Network Simulator NS2," the International Journal of Automation and Computing (IJAC), vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 187-194, 2005.
Selected conference / workshop publication
- K. Samarnggoon, S. Cang, H. Yu, M. S. Hasan, T Flämig, “Human Skill Performance to Control an Underactuated Pendulum-Driven Capsule System,” presented at the United Kingdom Automatic Control Council (UKACC), Electronic Proceeding, Loughborough, UK, 2014.
- O. A. Egaji, A. Griffiths, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, “Fuzzy logic based packet scheduling algorithm for Mobile ad-hoc Network with a realistic propagation model,” presented at the 19th International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC), Uxbridge, London, UK, 2013.
- T. A. Pham, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, "Area and Power optimisation for AES encryption module implementation on FPGA," presented at the 18th International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC), Loughborough, UK, pp. 14-19, 2012.
- T. Pham, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, "A RFID mutual authentication protocol based on AES algorithm," presented at The 2012 UKACC International Conference on Control, Cardiff, UK, pp. 997-1002, 2012.
- Tashi, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, "Design and Simulation of UHF RFID Tag Antennas and Performance Evaluation in Presence of a Metallic Surface," presented at the 5th IEEE International Conference on Software, Knowledge Information, Industrial Management and Application (CD-ROM), Italy, pp. 1-5, 2011.
- Tashi, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, "A Complete Planner Design of Microstrip Patch Antenna for a Passive UHF RFID Tag," presented at the 17th International Conference on Automation & Computing (CD-ROM), Huddersfield, UK, pp. 12-17, 2011.
- J. M. M. Kamal, M. S. Hasan, A. L. Carrington, and H. Yu, "Lessons Learned from Real MANET Experiments and Simulation-based Evaluation of UDP and TCP," presented at the 13th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2010), Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp. 511-515, 2010.
- J. M. M. Kamal, M. S. Hasan, A. L. Carrington, and H. Yu, "Prediction-based opportunistic greedy routing for vehicular ad hoc networks," presented at the 16th International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC 2010), Birmingham, UK, pp. 66-71, 2010.
- J. M. M. Kamal, M. S. Hasan, A. L. Carrington, and H. Yu, "Vehicular Ad hoc Network Paradigm and Evaluation of IEEE 802.11a and IEEE 802.11p using Realistic Vehicular Traces," presented at the 4th International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management and Applications (SKIMA 2010), CD-ROM, Kathmandu, Nepal, 2010.
- Computer Systems and Networks, Level 3
- Computer and Multimedia Hardware Systems, Level 4
- Introduction To Networking With LAN's and WAN's, Level 4
- Introduction to Operating Systems, Level 4
- Hardware and Software Systems and Network, Level 5
- Operating Systems, Level 6
- Networks and Protocols, Level 6
- Compiling Techniques, Level 6
- Network Systems And Technologies, Level 7
- Networking Concepts, Level 7
ContactDr Mohammad S Hasan
School of Computing (Networks, Cybercrime & Embedded Systems)
Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Sciences
t: +44 (0)1785 353466
t: +44 (0)1785 353304