How you'll learn using Distance Learning
Blackboard will play an important role in your online studies. It is a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used by top-ranking universities globally. It provides online access to course materials and learning resources.
Using the Blackboard software, you can:
- Access important reference material, handouts, reading lists and web links
- Talk to tutors and other students through online discussion boards and forums
- Attend virtual presentations and tutorials
- Discuss ideas, exchange information and join in with lively debates
- Complete and submit your assignments with the support of online marking and feedback
- Keep up-to-date with progress, course deadlines and announcements.
Resources and Facilities
Whether you're local or not, you're absolutely welcome to come onto campus to visit the library. It's open 24/7 at key times in the academic year. Remotely you can also access:
Using the Virtual Learning Environment, I could submit coursework anywhere with an internet connection, even on a cycling holiday in Italy!Mark Sherwood, Distance Learning Student