Protecting Privacy on Data Transmission over the Internet
- Personal information given to us by you via on-line application form or requests for information will be used to provide you with information, goods or services you have requested such as prospectuses.
The details you provide will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have been informed of this and have been given the opportunity to opt-out of having your details used for this purpose.
- Logging into our website on your machine IP address is collected automatically by the server.
- Sometimes we may ask you to provide some limited further personal information about yourself to enable you to participate in services such as our alumni register or an e-payment facility. This information may include your name, title, address, telephone number and email address and may be stored manually or electronically.
- Some web pages involve placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. For more information, please see our cookie register (PDF, file size: 31.01KB) .
- Student Data Protection Statement 2014/15 (PDF, file size: 80.6KB)
- Any personal information that you provide to us will only be used for the purpose at the point when we request it and may be passed to appropriate employees of the University for that purpose. We will not sell, license or trade your personal information to others. We do not provide your personal information to direct marketing companies or other such organisations unless we have explicitly asked your permission to do so.
- We may use your personal information for our own marketing purposes as laid down in the University's registration under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Using the logging data we may analyse demographic and other information to help us improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our website. Any analysis will be used for statistical purposes only and will not be capable of identifying you as an individual user.
Information Protection & Security Manager
Stoke on Trent
t: +44 (0)1782 294365