A2Z4U - I

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z

Identity Theft

Students have been identified as a high-risk group due to their lifestyle and unique circumstances. Being away from home for the first time, independently managing your own finances, regular changes of address and the need to carry personal details are all contributing factors that leave students especially vulnerable. For more information please contact the Cop Shop.


For information on health and illness please see:

Student Health Service
Extenuating Circumstances



For immigration queries you can contact International Student Support
e: isa@staffs.ac.uk

Information Point

There are Information Points at Stafford and Shrewsbury. You can talk to us on many aspects of your student life and we can help to answer your query or point you in the right direction for help.

Information Point (Centre of Excellence, Stafford) 
Blackheath Lane 
ST18 0AD
t: +44 (0)1785 353766

Information Point (Centre of Excellence, Shrewsbury)
Shrewsbury (Royal Shrewsbury Hospital) 
Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury
t: +44 (0)1743 261136


Intermitting means that students take a break from their studies because of illness, financial or personal reasons. See either:

  • Student Hub

  • Student Guidance Advisors or Students’ Union Student Advice Centre.

  • Or alternatively speak to your Personal Tutor.

Visit Students' Union Academic Procedures Web Page for information.

Intermitting/Withdrawal Procedure
University withdrawal/intermitting procedure, follow the steps below...

  • Before you do anything else, seek advice, guidance and information on available options (see Guidance).

  • Log onto the e:VisionStaffs Portal, go to the 'My Course' section and under the 'Thinking about leaving, changing your course or study mode or having a break from your course', click on the contact form and complete the details requested.

  • If you have not already spoken to a Student Guidance Advisor, they will then contact you to discuss your request in more detail.

International Admissions


Course Enquiries  
E200, Cadman Building
College Road

e: enquiries@staffs.ac.uk
t: 01782 294400

Affiliated to the UK Council for Overseas Students (UKCISA)

International Admissions

International Student Support

International Student Support offers:

  • Cultural Awareness

  • Immigration advice

  • Workshops and surgeries

  • Regular trips

 e: isa@staffs.ac.uk

International Student Advisor

The University’s International Student Advisors are based in International Student Support.  They can provide immigration advice and general support to all international students.


For free help, information and advice on protecting and profiting from your own ideas contact Alastair Dawes Contact e: a.dawes@staffs.com

IT Centres

Please refer to ‘Computers’.