A2Z4U - T

A  B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z

Tax Returns

For those students that choose to register as self employed, you need to be aware of the need to complete a tax return and the penalties linked to this.

Please visit the HM Revenue and Customs web pages for further information.

Term Dates

Please visit our term dates page


All graduating students will receive a transcript of modules studied, listing individual grades, with their award certificate.  

For more information see our Transcripts pages

For a full description and diagram of Higher Education see the documents below:

  • A description of Higher Education in England please see document: Description of HE (PDF, file size: 29.25KB)

  • A diagram of Higher Education in England please see document: Diagram of HE (PDF, file size: 28.41KB)

Transferring to another course or University?

Are you thinking about changing course or transferring to another institution? If so, check on the academic and financial issues first: sometimes, changing course might have funding implications.

To check on funding, speak with the Students’ Union’s Student Advice Centre

For academic help or advice, please visit one or more of

  • Your personal tutor

  • Student Hub

  • The Careers Centre who can advise on the implications in relation to career plans 

  • If you have a disability, AccessAbility Services will be able to advise

Please follow the steps below

  • Log onto the e:VisionStaffs Portal, go to the 'My Course' section and under the 'Thinking of Leaving, changing your course or study mode or having a break from your course', click on the contact form and complete the details requested

    If you have not already spoken to a Student Guidance Advisor, they will then contact you to discuss your request in more detail


See Sustainable Travel

Tuition Fees

For information, help and advice on issues affecting tuition fees, see:

TV Licensing

Just like everyone else, students must be covered by a TV Licence to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV.  This applies whether you live in halls of residence or a private shared house.

What you might not know is that television licensing law still applies to you no matter what you use to watch television programmes as they're being shown on TV. Whether it's a traditional TV, games console, laptop or mobile phone or any other device that receives television programmes, you need to be covered by a TV Licence.  It's the law.

If you are found to be using TV receiving equipment without a valid TV Licence you risk prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000, plus court costs.  

To find out more about whether you require a licence and the costs involved visit the TV Licensing website