Student Voice

Use your Student Voice Now!

The Student Surveys that take place at Staffordshire University are:

Other ways to Have Your Say!

There are many other opportunities for you to comment on your student experience throughout the year - you can:

• if you would like to give informal feedback or would like to ask a question about your time here at Staffordshire University contact one of the Student Guidance Advisors.

• talk to your personal tutor

• the Students' Union is here to support you throughout your University life. If you have a problem with any part of your student experience and would like support in getting your views heard and making change happen, tell the Union what you think using the online feedback form.

Academic Reps

Academic Reps are students who represent their course or department in important meetings with lecturers and staff - with the aim to improve the University experience for students.

If you'd like to have a positive impact on the student experience - visit the Students' Union for more information.

Use your Student Voice after you've Graduated

The Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey (DLHE) provides information on what our students* are doing 6 months after Graduating.  (*some exceptions apply)

Staffordshire University, along with every other Higher Education provider in the country, collects this data and reports it to the Higher Educational Statistics Agency (HESA). The survey results are made publically available and help to inform prospective students when comparing Universities. For more information on the survey please visit the Careers Centre website

Module Evaluation

Subject tutors will ask you to evaluate your learning experience on their modules by completing a questionnaire at the end of the module. You will also be asked to complete a questionnaire at the end of the year about your general experience as a student on a particular award

This information is then fed through the Annual Monitoring Process which results in actions at Award, School and University level. These actions are monitored throughout the year, through Committees which have student representation.

Appeals and Complaints

We recognise that there may be occasions when our feedback process is not sufficient to deal with a specific issue.  For this reason we have a formal University Complaints Procedure (PDF, file size: 96.78KB) .

Before submitting a formal complaint, we would suggest that wherever possible, you take the opportunity to resolve your grievance informally by contacting a Student Guidance Advisor via the Student Hub or by emailing