This course has been designed to meet the requirements of the Senior Leader Apprenticeship standard. Senior Leaders are a key component of all types of business model where there is a workforce to lead, manage and support.
Depending on the size of their organisation, a Senior Leader is a key player in strategic decision making that may be responsible for reporting results relating to their area of responsibility to a Board, trustees, shareholders, executive team or to other senior management within the organisation. Externally, a Senior Leader acts as an ambassador for their organisation with wide-ranging networks typically involving customers or clients, supply chains and statutory/regulatory bodies. An employee in this occupation will be responsible for
- Setting direction, vision, governance and providing a clear sense of purpose for their area of responsibility.
- Providing clear and inclusive leadership.
- Identifying longer-term opportunities and risks using data from internal intelligence sources and external influences.
- Developing sustainable, ethical, innovative and supportive cultures that get the best from people and enable the delivery of results.
- Resources that may include budgets, people, assets and facilities.
- Staying up to date with innovation and championing its adoption.
- Keeping pace with - and responding to change - by leading agile transformation.
- Leading and promoting sustainable business practices.
- Responding and managing crisis situations.
Who is it for?
Professional strategic leaders in the private, public or third sector and all sizes of organisation, who lead, manage and direct organisations. Specific job roles may include Senior Leader, Section Leader, Executive, Director, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Information Officer or a senior military officer.
On successful completion of study, we will issue the following:
Master of Business Administration Executive (MBA, Executive), optional subject to an additional fee
Diploma in Leadership and Management
Chartered Manager Status
Senior Leader Apprenticeship Standard
On successful completion of study, we will issue the following award: Senior Leader apprenticeship certificate, accreditation of the Executive MBA is optional subject to additional fees.