This is a design-led facility, acting as an ideas and innovation catalyst for business creation, product and service development and business growth.
The Creative Lab offers:
- dedicated and technology-enabled innovation workspace
- RD&I equipment in areas of design and prototyping
- access to a broad range of university expertise
- a variety of CPD short courses through our Enterprise Academy
The Creative Lab is free to use, however individuals or businesses will be expected to cover the cost of any consumables.
- Metal laser cutter
- Colour 3D printer
- Ceramic 3D printer
- Mac Pro + Pro Display
- High-spec PCs
- Wacom Cintiqs
- Collaborative visualisation screens
You can also access other cutting-edge facilities and equipment such as Virtual and Augmented Reality suites, 3D scanning, rapid prototyping and many more, through our Innovation Enterprise Zone (subject to availability).
Who can apply?
This facility is available to all individuals and groups from the Staffordshire Local Enterprise Partnership area.
It is an enabler for a range of design disciplines in a variety of sectors including industrial design, product design, UX design, graphic design as well as service design, social design and computational design.
What to expect
The Creative Lab will inspire and enable you to:
- Generate ideas and initiatives with the support from our university experts and state-of-the-art technologies
- Convert ideas into commercial products or services
- Gain new skills through fully funded Enterprise Academy short courses or workshops
- Access to specialist innovation equipment to design and prototype products
- Use our high-spec visualisation and design suites
- Host your own innovation challenges events or workshops
- Connect with entrepreneurs, businesses, students, graduates, researchers and academics across various disciplines and fields