Increase productivity, change culture and improve leadership with Management Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (mKTPs).
Management Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (mKTPs) are a three-way partnership between a business, a Staffordshire University academic, and a recently qualified graduate. They offer businesses the ability to collaborate on adoption and adaption of expertise to bring about people-focused, strategic change to help your business succeed.
mKTPs can be in areas such as:
- Developing alternative business models and improving business agility
- Identifying new opportunities and revenue streams
- Embedding entrepreneurial thinking and ambidexterity
- Benchmarking and implementing best practice
- Scaling-up practices
- Managing organisational behaviour or cultural change
- Implementing continuity plans
- Implementing coaching and mentoring schemes
- Improving efficiency, business processes and productivity
- Embedding remote/hybrid working practices
- Analysing supply chains
- Enabling improved leadership, strategic thinking and decision making
- Improving process improvement and professionalisation
mKTPs span all key business functions including strategic management, human resources, marketing, IT, creativity, employment relations, finance and logistics.
Additional benefits of mKTPs:
- Part-funded by Innovate UK or other government co-funders
- Eligibility to claim R&D Tax credits
- Expert academics support throughout the duration of the project
- Access to high-calibre Staffordshire University graduate with expertise in the relevant field of the project
- Graduate employee does not count towards your headcount
- Access to dedicated facilities at the university
What is the cost?
mKTPs are part funded by a grant from Innovate UK or other government co-funders which you apply for in a competitive bid submission (bids have a success rate for applications of around 90%). You will have a dedicated university contact to support you through the application/bid process.
Typical contribution from the government are as follows:
- 67% of project costs for micro, small and medium-sized businesses
- 50% of project costs for large businesses
The remainder of the project cost is met by your company.
Who can apply?
mKTP projects can be accessed by a UK-based business of any size or a not-for-profit organisation (including social enterprises and charities).
Contact email@example.com or call 0800 169 2148 to discuss how a mKTP could impact your business with our dedicated team.
What to expect
Why choose Staffordshire University?
- We have a proven track record for over 30 years
- We have worked with over 70 companies on over 100 KTPs
- We have expertise in leadership, project management, human resources, organisation culture, entrepreneurship, business modelling and more.
- We have secured £6 million of government funding
- We are flexible, it can be anything from 12 to 36 months
Employer Partnership Development Manager
I am a Business Development Manager in Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise. I support businesses, identifying training needs and academic pathways as part of our CPD offer.
Employer Partnerships Development Mgr
I work with businesses regionally and nationally, to understand their needs, and ensure they are suitably supported by Staffordshire University.
Ep Develop'Mt Mgr-K'Ledge Exchng E'Prise
In my current role as an Employer Partnerships Development Manager, I look after the business incubator and take the lead in several exciting innovation projects. I set up KTPs and have supported businesses with Innovate UK bids.