1. To be eligible for the Alumni Discount you must:
i. Have graduated with a Staffordshire University undergraduate degree or postgraduate award from Staffordshire University or an approved Collaborative Academic Partner institution.
ii. Be self-financing the tuition fee for your programme. If you've applied for a Masters or Doctoral Loan from Student Finance you will still be classed as self-financing.
iii. Not be taking a course that is fully funded by the Teaching Agency, the NHS or any other statutory organisation.
iiii. Not be in receipt of another Staffordshire University discount, bursary or scholarship that exceeds the total fee reduction you may receive through the alumni discount scheme. In the event you qualify for more than one award you’ll receive whichever gives you the greatest discount.
v. Meet the minimum entry requirements for the programme to which you are applying.
2. You’ll receive a fee reduction of 25%, providing:
- You graduated in 2021/22 or 2022/23, and
- Start your postgraduate studies in the 2023/24 academic year.
3. If you graduated in 2020/21 or earlier, you’ll receive a 10% fee reduction for the duration of your studies.
4. The Staffordshire University alumni discount scheme will be reviewed on an annual basis and may change or be removed for new enrolments in future years. Continuing students already in receipt of an alumni discount will not be affected.
5. If you enrol onto a programme that lasts more than one academic year, you’ll continue to receive a discount for each year you study with us (as detailed in point 2 above), provided you complete the programme within the timeframe permitted in accordance with the University’s academic regulations.
6. If you are on a postgraduate research programme (including MPhil, PhD or professional doctorate) the alumni discount will only be applied against the standard fee for the programme. You will not receive the alumni discount for any writing up period where a reduced fee is payable.
7. Should you withdraw from your studies your tuition fees will be adjusted in accordance with the University’s Tuition Fee Policy. The alumni discount will be applied pro rata based on the value of fees accrued for the period of time you were studying.
8. There is no separate application form to complete for the discount. The discount will be applied automatically at the point of admission and only to the tuition fee element of the programme. It will not be applied to any associated costs such as learning materials, field trips, accommodation etc.
9. No cash alternatives are available, and the discount cannot be transferred to any other nominated recipient.
10. If you change your programme of study, the University cannot guarantee that you’ll continue to receive the discount against your new programme.
11. The discount will be granted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. For full terms and conditions relating to studying at the University please see Academic Regulations - Current Students