Stimulating the development of and adoption of digital and advanced technologies amongst businesses in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Exclusively available to SMEs, large businesses and charities in Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council area. The Advanced and Digital Technologies Innovation Accelerator is a fully funded* initiative that offers support for businesses looking to develop or adopt digital or advanced technologies.
Benefit from a trained Staffordshire University student or graduate who will be placed in your business with the support of expert academics and innovation advisors for the duration of your bespoke 24-week project.
*This project is funded by the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
What to expect?
The project includes a trained Staffordshire University student or graduate (Innovation Consultant) who will work with your business for the duration of the programme. The Innovation Consultant will have support from the University’s expert academics to help deliver activities, such as:
- Innovation advice
- Market research
- Idea scoping
- Evaluating options and designing a product or a service
- Feasibility studies of adopting new technologies
- Embedding new technologies or processes in business
- Developing new products or services
Each bespoke partnership will receive:
- One Staffordshire University student or graduate (working as an Innovation Consultant) for 24 weeks to support the delivery of the project.
- An Innovation Advisor with knowledge of the advanced technology your business is looking to adopt.
- A relevant academic expert supervising the innovation consultant and supporting the partnership.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment based in the Innovation Enterprise Zone. The use of specialist equipment will be supervised by university technicians.
- A simple application process.
This programme will run until March 2025.
Areas this project can focus on:
- 3D printing (metal, ceramics and plastics)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Sensor technologies
- Transport logistics and mobility
- Gas analysers
- Internet of Things
- Metaverse: virtual and augmented reality
- Big Data
- 5G demonstrator
Boost business profits
Profit is fundamental for your business to reduce costs, increase turnover and productivity. It is the fuel that allows you to progress and plan for change and growth.
Get a good understanding of your competitors' advantages and disadvantages, and address the gaps in the sector. This enables your business to stay ahead of the competition.
Create high-value jobs
Offer emerging talent an opportunity to apply the latest skills and knowledge to your business. You will also create a culture of investment in people, customers and equipment.
The programme will also enable your business to:
- Boost growth
- Drive new product development
- Stimulate R&D and innovation capacity
- Retain skilled employees
The programme will drive innovation in areas such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual Reality (VR), games technologies, robotics, software and app development, data and 3D printing.
Who can apply?
The programme is open to small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), large businesses and charities in Newcastle-under-Lyme. There are 24 partnerships available.
Business Engagement Consultant
I am an Employer Partnerships Development Officer, promoting fully-funded and exciting commercial innovation opportunities for Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire-based SMEs.
I am a qualified project manager with twenty years of experience. Supporting regional development through skills, innovation and enterprise projects and policy development, I have held positions in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Employer Partnerships Development Mgr
As a Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise Development Manager at Staffordshire University, I collaborate with businesses to understand their needs, offering support for innovation and project development to address challenges and opportunities.