Mohammad is a Senior lecturer who is involved in postgraduate research supervision e.g. PhD, Master by Research (MRes), producing research publications, bidding for funds, Erasmus project management for EU and non-EU countries, external examination, MSc course management, postgraduate and undergraduate teaching. He is the course leader for MSc Computer Science and MSc Computing. His focuses are Computer Networks e.g. Wireless Networks, Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber Security, Infrastructure. He is also interested in Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Data Analytics.
I worked as a Software Engineer and then started my university teaching career in 2001. I worked as Lecturer and Assistant Professor in private and public/state universities in Bangladesh. I completed an MSc and a PhD from the UK and then I joined Staffordshire University as a Lecturer. My educational background is from Computer Science and Computer Networks. I was involved in developing a wirelessly controllable mobile robot for a nuclear power company exhibition.
Mohammad HASAN | Senior Lecturer | BSc and MSc in Computer Science, MSc in Computer and Network Engineering, PhD in Wireless network | Staffordshire University, Stoke-on-Trent | SU | Department of Computing (researchgate.net)
Mohammad S. Hasan - Google Scholar
Professional memberships and activities
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- PhD thesis title: Application of control over Mobile Ad-hoc Network
- MSc in Computer & Network Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science
- BSc (Honours) in Computer Science
Technical certifications / training
- Cisco CyberOps Associate Instructor, Cisco
- Exam AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals, Microsoft
- Building voice-first chatbots using Alexa and Amazon Lex, Amazon
- M20533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA) JunOS
- Cisco Systems Network Academy, Staffordshire University, CCNA Instructor
Academic certifications / training
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- University Certificate in Continuous Professional Development – Research Supervision
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education (PgCHPE)
- University Learning Award with Distinction in Network Instruction
- Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods (PgCRM)
- Cyber Security, Information Security, IT Infrastructure Security, Firewall & IDS
- Digital Forensics: EnCase, Autopsy, Forensic Took Kit (FTK)
- Cloud Computing: Microsoft Azure
- Virtualisation: VMware Workstation, ESXI, VirtualBox
- Computer Network Simulation: Riverbed Modeller Academic Edition (MAE), QualNet, Network Simulator version 2 (NS2), Cisco Packet Tracer
- Machine Learning (ML)/Data Analytics: Weka, RapidMiner
- Computer Networks e.g. Wireless, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Data Analytics
- Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) for China
- Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility (ICM) for Kosovo, Albania, Bangladesh
Enterprise and commercial interests
I delivered Cyber Security training to banks in Erasmus partner countries which generated income for the Department of Computing (DoC).
- Operating System Internals
- Advanced Software Security and Encryption
- Cisco CCNA Routing, Switching and Wireless
- Cyber Operations
- Digital Forensics
- Noroozi, M. Ravan, B. Razavi, R. S. Fisher, Y. Law, and M. S. Hasan, 'A Robust eLORETA Technique for Localization of Brain Sources in the Presence of Forward Model Uncertainties', Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 800-811, Mar-23
- M. M. Hasan, B. R. Ahmad, A. Esha, R. Risha, M. S. Hasan, “Important Factors to Remember when Constructing a Cross-site Scripting Prevention Mechanism,” Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, vol. 11, no. 2, Apr. 2022, Scopus CiteScore 1.7.
- M. Alsaffar, M. Hasan, G.P. McStay and M. Sedky, “Digital DNA lifecycle security and privacy: an overview,” Briefings in Bioinformatics, vol. 23, no. 2, Mar. 2022, Scopus CiteScore 16.6.
- I. Hamad and M. S. Hasan, “A Review: On using ACO Based Hybrid Algorithms for Path Planning of Multi-Mobile Robotics,” International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM), vol. 14, no. 18, pp. 145–156, Nov. 2020, Scopus CiteScore 2.3.
- V. Thiruchelvam, K. F. Tham, M. S. Hasan, B. B. Bastaki, and T. Bosakowski, “Malaysian Online Behavior and Practices - A Survey Study Output,” International Journal of Management (IJM), vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 1824-1830, Oct 2020, Scopus CiteScore 0.3.
- V. Thiruchelvam, K. F. Tham, M. S. Hasan, B. B. Bastaki, and T. Bosakowski, “Recent Cyber Breaches in Malaysia and Possible Countermeasures,” Solid State Technology, vol. 63, no. 6, 2020, Scopus CiteScore 0.3.
- I. Kont, H. Fahmy, M. Hasan, and W. McSherry, “Exploring the effectiveness of digital technology to support patients with adrenal incidentaloma: a literature review,” Cancer Nursing Practice, Oct. 2020, [Online]. Available: https://journals.rcni.com/cancer-nursing-practice/evidence-and-practice/exploring-the-effectiveness-of-digital-technology-to-support-patients-with-adrenal-incidentaloma-a-literature-review-cnp.2020.1720/abs.
- M. S. Hasan and H. Yu, “Innovative Developments in HCI and Future Trends,” International Journal of Automation and Computing (IJAC), vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 10-20, 2017, Scopus CiteScore 4.1.
- O. A. Egaji, A. Griffiths, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, “A Comparison of Mamdani and Sugeno Fuzzy Based Packet Scheduler for MANET with a Realistic Wireless Propagation Model,” International Journal of Automation and Computing (IJAC), vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1-13, Feb. 2015, Scopus CiteScore 4.1.
Technical conference publications
Over 40 conference publications and some recent ones are listed below
- O. A. Egaji, A. Griffiths, and M. S. Hasan, “Delay Optimisation for Multimedia Applications in a Wireless Network Control System (WNCS),” in the 11th Annual IEEE Information Technology, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference (IEEE IEMCON 2020), Vancouver, Canada, Nov. 2020.
- F. Yuan, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, “Design and Modelling of a Micro Swimming Robot,” in the International Conference on Advanced Mechatronic Systems (ICAMechS 2019), Kusatsu, Shiga, Japan, 2019, pp. 384–389.
- M. S. A. Khan, M. S. Hasan, and T. Ahmed, “A new multi-robot search algorithm using Probabilistic Finite State Machine and Lennard-Jones potential function,” in the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (IEEE ROBIO 2018), Malaysia, 2018.
- M. M. Ali, A. Griffiths, and M. S. Hasan, “Study of Brain Signal Extraction, Processing and Implementation,” in the 24th International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC 2018), Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK, 2018.
- S. B. Kibria and M. S. Hasan, “An analysis of Feature extraction and Classification Algorithms for Dangerous Object Detection,” in the 2nd International Conference on Electrical & Electronic Engineering (ICEEE 2017), Rajshahi, Bangladesh, 2017.
- T. I. Tanni and M. S. Hasan, “A Performance Analysis of a Typical Server running on a Cloud,” in the 20th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2017), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- S. T. Haque and M. S. Hasan, “Single Image Super-Resolution using Back-Propagation Neural Networks,” in the 20th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2017), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- Abdullah and M. S. Hasan, “An Application of pre-Trained CNN for Image Classification,” in the 20th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2017), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- S. C. Eshan and M. S. Hasan, “An application of Machine Learning to Detect Abusive Bengali Text,” in the 20th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2017), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- Tasnim and M. S. Hasan, “An Improved Dynamic Daltonization for Color-Blinds,” in the 5th IEEE Region 10 (Asia Pacific) Humanitarian Technology Conference (R10HTC) 2017, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017, pp. 798-801.
- M. A. Habib and M. S. Hasan, “A Performance Analysis of Backbone Structures for Static Sink Based Starfish Routing in WSN,” in the 4th International Conference on Networking, Systems and Security (NSysS), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- T. Islam and M. S. Hasan, “A Performance Comparison of Load Balancing Algorithms for Cloud Computing,” in the 1st International Conference on the Frontiers and Advances in Data Science (FADS), Xian, China, 2017, pp. 130–135.
- S. Saha and M. S. Hasan, “Effective Task Migration to Reduce Execution Time in Mobile Cloud Computing (The best paper award),” in the 23rd International Conference on Automation & Computing (ICAC), Huddersfield, UK, 2017.
Teaching and Learning publications
- C. Stanier et al., “Sharing Ideas and Practice in Higher Education,” in the 11th International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED 2017), Valencia, Spain, 2017.
- M. S. Hasan, “Student Experience in European Partnerships at Staffordshire University,” the Innovative Practice in Higher Education, vol. 1, no. 2, 2012.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=CCkREJ0AAAAJ&hl=e