I have worked as Lecturer and as Assistant Professor in the past. Now, I work as a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computing, Staffordshire University. I am involved in postgraduate research e.g. Masters by Research (MRes), PhD supervision etc., Erasmus project management for many countries, external examination for other universities, MSc course management, postgraduate and undergraduate teaching etc.
Professional memberships and activities
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- PhD thesis title: Application of control over Mobile Ad-hoc Network
- MSc in Computer & Network Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science
- BSc (Honours) in Computer Science
Teaching and Training Qualifications
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA) JunOS
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- University Certificate in Continuous Professional Development – Research Supervision
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher and Professional Education (PgCHPE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Instructor for CCNA 1-4
- Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods (PgCRM)
- Computer Networks
- Security Control Systems
- Real Time Systems
- Cloud Computing etc
Staff member for Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 from Staffordshire University, UK, http://results.ref.ac.uk/Submissions/StaffList/1592
Research interests: Computer Networks, Security, Networked Control Systems, Real-Time Systems, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data etc.
Design and development of a swimming robot
Modelling of human nervous system using brain waves
Design and implementation of a smart heating system etc.
A Named Entity Recognition System Applied To Arabic Text in the Medical Domain
Virtual training environment for Human Adaptive Mechatronics (HAM)
Implementation of real time applications over Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET) etc.
Prediction based Vehicular Ad-hoc Network (VANET).
Efficient antenna design for RFID systems.
Improved security using encrypting and decrypting blocks on passive RFID tags etc.
- Introduction to Virtualisation, Level 4
- Networking Fundamentals (CCNA 1-4), Level 5
- Operating Systems, Level 5 etc
- Networking Concepts, Level 7
- M. S. Hasan and H. Yu, “Innovative Developments in HCI and Future Trends,” International Journal of Automation and Computing (IJAC), vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 10-20, 2017.
- O. A. Egaji, A. Griffiths, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, “A Comparison of Mamdani and Sugeno Fuzzy Based Packet Scheduler for MANET with a Realistic Wireless Propagation Model,” International Journal of Automation and Computing (IJAC), vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1-13, Feb. 2015.
- J. M. M. Kamal, M. S. Hasan, A. Carrington, and H. Yu, 'Development and Verification of Simulation Model Based on Real MANET Experiments for Transport Layer Protocols (UDP and TCP),' International Journal of Automation and Computing (IJAC), vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 5363, 2013.
- T. Dendup, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, 'Analysis of Low Profile UHF RFID Tag Antennas and Performance Evaluation in Presence of a Metallic Surface,' Mediterranean Journal of Computers and Networks, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1-9, 2013.
- Y. Liu, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, 'Modelling and Remote Control of an Excavator,' International Journal of Automation and Computing (IJAC), vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 349-358, 2010.
- H. Yu, Y. Liu, and M. S. Hasan, 'Review of modelling and remote control for excavators,' International Journal of Advanced Mechatronic Systems, vol. 2, no. 1-2, pp. 68-80, 2010.
- M. S. Hasan, H. Yu, A. Carrington, and T. C. Yang, 'Co-simulation of wireless networked control systems over mobile ad hoc network using SIMULINK and OPNET,' Journal of IET Communications, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 1297-1310, 2009.
- K. M. Sakib, M. S. Hasan, and A. Hossain, “Effects of Hard Real-Time Constraints in Implementing the Myopic Scheduling Algorithm,” Journal of Computer Science, vol. 1, no. 2, 2007.
- M. S. Hasan, C. Harding, H. Yu, and A. Griffiths, 'Modelling delay and packet drop in Networked Control Systems using Network Simulator NS2,' International Journal of Automation and Computing (IJAC), vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 187-194, 2005.
Selected conference / workshop publication
- S. B. Kibria and M. S. Hasan, “An analysis of Feature extraction and Classification Algorithms for Dangerous Object Detection,” presented at the 2nd International Conference on Electrical & Electronic Engineering (ICEEE2017), Rajshahi, Bangladesh, 2017.
- T. I. Tanni and M. S. Hasan, “A Performance Analysis of a Typical Server running on a Cloud,” presented at the 20th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2017), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- S. T. Haque and M. S. Hasan, “Single Image Super-Resolution using Back-Propagation Neural Networks,” presented at the 20th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2017), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- Abdullah and M. S. Hasan, “An Application of pre-Trained CNN for Image Classification,” presented at the 20th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2017), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- S. C. Eshan and M. S. Hasan, “An application of Machine Learning to Detect Abusive Bengali Text,” presented at the 20th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2017), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- A. Tasnim and M. S. Hasan, “An Improved Dynamic Daltonization for Color-Blinds,” presented at the 5th IEEE Region 10 (Asia Pacific) Humanitarian Technology Conference (R10HTC) 2017, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- M. A. Habib and M. S. Hasan, “A Performance Analysis of Backbone Structures for Static Sink Based Starfish Routing in WSN,” presented at the 4th International Conference on Networking, Systems and Security (NSysS), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- T. Islam and M. S. Hasan, “A Performance Comparison of Load Balancing Algorithms for Cloud Computing,” presented at the 1st International Conference on the Frontiers and Advances in Data Science (FADS), Xian, China, pp. 130–135.
- S. Saha and M. S. Hasan, “Effective Task Migration to Reduce Execution Time in Mobile Cloud Computing (The best paper award),” presented at the 23rd International Conference on Automation & Computing (ICAC), Huddersfield, UK, 2017.
- Tashi, M. S. Hasan, and H. Yu, “Design, simulation, prototyping and experimentation of planar micro-strip patch antenna for passive UHF RFID to tag for metallic objects,” presented at the 10th International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management & Applications (SKIMA), Chengdu, China, 2016, pp. 243–249.
- M. S. Hasan and H. Yu, “Implementation of remotely controllable Mobile Robot System over Mobile Ad-hoc Network,” presented at the International Conference on Advanced Mechatronic Systems, Beijing, China, 2015, pp. 131–136.
Teaching and Learning publications
- C. Stanier et al., “Sharing Ideas and Practice in Higher Education,” presented at the 11th International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED’17), Valencia, Spain, 2017.
- M. S. Hasan, 'Student Experience in European Partnerships at Staffordshire University,' the Innovative Practice in Higher Education, vol. 1, no. 2, 2012.