I have a strong background in electrical engineering and computer science. I chose to study engineering because I love creating, logical thinking and critical analysis.
- PhD in Artificial intelligent systems, Kobe University
- MSc in Computer Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Electrical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology
- System analysis
- Applied machine learning
- Video analytics
- Robot design
- Embedded intelligence
- Computer programming
Enterprise and commercial interests
I have worked extensively with different industries for office and industrial automation. I have developed domain specific robots for sewer pipe inspection, education, entertainment, rescue, demining, rehabilitation, farming, and metal industries. I have also worked with petrochemical, metal, and cement industries, insurance companies for office automation application development and also power plants for implementing industrial automation solutions.
I am interested in working with both UK and International partners.
AI for Computer Games
Robot Ethics in an AI World
Software Development and Application Modelling
- Hesam Omranpour & Saeed Shiry (2020) A mobile robot mapping model inspired from the place cells functionality of hippocampus based on dimension reduction technique, Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, DOI: 10.1080/0952813X.2020.1721569
- Mohammad Mahdi Amirian, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, (2019) Xeggora: Exploiting immune-to-evidence symmetries with Full Aggregation in Statistical Relational Models, Journal of Artificial Intelligence research, 66 33-56
- Heydari, Muhammad & Shiry Ghidary, Saeed. (2019). 3D Motion Reconstruction from 2D Motion Data Using Multimodal Conditional Deep Belief Network. IEEE Access. PP. 1-1. 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2904117.
- Sadatnejad, Khadijeh & Mohammad, Rahmati & Rostami, Reza & Kazemi, Reza & Ghidary, Saeed & Müller, Andreas & Alimardani, Fatemeh. (2019). EEG representation using multi-instance framework on the manifold of symmetric positive definite matrices. Journal of Neural Engineering. 16. 10.1088/1741-2552/ab0dad.
- Heydari, Muhammad & Shiry Ghidary, Saeed. (2018). Cross-Modal Motion Regeneration Using Multimodal Deep Belief Network. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. 58. 10.1016/j.jvcir.2018.11.042.
- Zohre Karimi, Saeed Shiry Ghidary , "Semi-supervised Metric Learning in Stratified Spaces via Intergrating Local Constraints and Information-theoretic Non Local Constraints", Neurocomputing, Volume 312, 27 October 2018, Pages 165-176
- Zohre Karimi, Saeed Shiry Ghidary , " Semi-supervised classification in stratified spaces by considering non-interior points using Laplacian behavior", Neurocomputing, Volume 239, 24 May 2017, Pages 223-231
- Alireza Davoudi, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, Khadijeh Sadatnejad, "Dimensionality reduction based on Distance Preservation to Local Mean (DPLM) for SPD matrices and its application in BCI", Journal of neural Engineering, Volume 14, Number 3, 2017
- Khadijeh Sadatnejad, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, "Adaptive spectrum transformation by topology preservation on indefinite proximity data", Pattern Recognition Letters 98: 59-67 2017
- Khadijeh Sadatnejad , Saeed Shiry Ghidary, “Kernel learning over the manifold of symmetric positive definite matrices for dimensionality reduction in a BCI application”, Neurocomputing, Volume 179, 29 February 2016, Pages 152–160
- Elham Bavafaye Haghighi, Mohammad Rahmati, Guenther Palm, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, "Learning Inductive Riemannian Manifold in Abstract Form by Modeling Embedded Dynamical System", Informatica, Lith. Acad. Sci. 25(3): 361-384, 2014
- Hesam Omranpour , Saeed Shiry Ghidary ,“Manifold based map representation for mobile robot using Euclidean data difference dimension reduction”, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Volume 45, October 2015, Pages 234-245
- Hesam Omranpour, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, “A heuristic supervised Euclidean data difference dimension reduction for KNN classifier and its application to visual place classification”, Neural Computing and Applications, July 2015 , pp 1-15
- Bavafaye Haghighi, Elham, Rahmati, Mohammad, Shiry Ghidary, Saeed, Palm, Günther , “Mapping to optimal regions; A new method for multi-class classification task to reduce complexity”, AI Communications, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 387-404, 2014