Throughout my career, I've had the privilege of taking on leadership roles, including chairing the Amirkabir Robotic Center. I have led interdisciplinary research teams and collaborated with fellow researchers from various countries, including Japan, France, Australia, and the USA. Teaching has been a significant part of my professional life. I have instructed graduate and undergraduate courses in subjects such as Machine Learning, Robotics, and Computer Architecture. I'm also proud of my contributions to the academic community through numerous publications, which include books, book chapters, and papers in prestigious journals and conferences. These publications reflect my expertise in AI, robotics, and related fields.
Professional memberships and activities
- Ph.D. in Robotics and Intelligent Systems from Kobe University
- Japan M.Sc. in Computer Architecture from Amirkabir University
- Iran B.Sc. in Electronics from Amirkabir University, Iran
- Leadership of interdisciplinary research teams
- Successful collaboration with research teams within international academic organizations
- Leading knowledge generation, knowledge exchange, and knowledge transfer activities
- Supervision of graduate students Design and delivery of AI and robotics courses for both graduate and undergraduate levels Leading/Coordinating bids for research, consultancy, and other additional funds.
- Reviewer for academic journals and scientific conferences Industrial consultation
- Machine learning Robotics
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer vision
- Cognitive science
Enterprise and commercial interests
As a consultant for various industries, such as office automation for banks and insurance, or industrial automation for the oil industry or power plants, my commercial interest revolves around providing specialized expertise and solutions to improve efficiency, productivity, and profitability for industries using, AI, robotics and software development.
- Research Methods
- Artificial intelligence for computer games
- Robot Ethics in the AI World AI
- Chatbot Emerging technologies
- AI and chatbot
- Zarringhalam, A.; Shiry Ghidary, S.; Mohades, A.; Sadegh-Zadeh, S.-A. CUDA and OpenMp Implementation of Boolean Matrix Product with Applications in Visual SLAM. Algorithms 2023, 16, 74. https://doi.org/10.3390/a16020074
- Sadegh-Zadeh, Seyed-Ali, Dastmard, Arman, Montazeri Kafshgarkolaei, Leili, Movahedi, Sajad, Shiry Ghidary, Saeed, Najafi, Amirreza and Saadat, Mozafar, Machine Learning Modelling for Compressive Strength Prediction of Superplasticizer-Based Concrete. Infrastructures, 2023, 8 (2). p. 21. ISSN 2412-3811
- Gharagozlou H, Mohammadzadeh J, Bastanfard A, Ghidary SS. RLAS-BIABC: A Reinforcement Learning-Based Answer Selection Using the BERT Model Boosted by an Improved ABC Algorithm. Comput Intell Neurosci. 2022 May 6;2022:7839840. doi: 10.1155/2022/7839840. PMID: 35571722; PMCID: PMC9106472.
- Hesam Omranpour & Saeed Shiry (2020) A mobile robot mapping model inspired from the place cells functionality of hippocampus based on dimension reduction technique, Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, DOI: 10.1080/0952813X.2020.1721569
- Mohammad Mahdi Amirian, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, (2019) Xeggora: Exploiting immune-to-evidence symmetries with Full Aggregation in Statistical Relational Models, Journal of Artificial Intelligence research, 66 33-56
- Heydari, Muhammad & Shiry Ghidary, Saeed. (2019). 3D Motion Reconstruction from 2D Motion Data Using Multimodal Conditional Deep Belief Network. IEEE Access. PP. 1-1. 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2904117.
- Sadatnejad, Khadijeh & Mohammad, Rahmati & Rostami, Reza & Kazemi, Reza & Ghidary, Saeed & Müller, Andreas & Alimardani, Fatemeh. (2019). EEG representation using multi-instance framework on the manifold of symmetric positive definite matrices. Journal of Neural Engineering. 16. 10.1088/1741-2552/ab0dad.
- Heydari, Muhammad & Shiry Ghidary, Saeed. (2018). Cross-Modal Motion Regeneration Using Multimodal Deep Belief Network. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. 58. 10.1016/j.jvcir.2018.11.042.
- Zohre Karimi, Saeed Shiry Ghidary , "Semi-supervised Metric Learning in Stratified Spaces via Intergrating Local Constraints and Information-theoretic Non Local Constraints", Neurocomputing, Volume 312, 27 October 2018, Pages 165-176
- Zohre Karimi, Saeed Shiry Ghidary , " Semi-supervised classification in stratified spaces by considering non-interior points using Laplacian behavior", Neurocomputing, Volume 239, 24 May 2017, Pages 223-231
- Alireza Davoudi, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, Khadijeh Sadatnejad, "Dimensionality reduction based on Distance Preservation to Local Mean (DPLM) for SPD matrices and its application in BCI", Journal of neural Engineering, Volume 14, Number 3, 2017
- Khadijeh Sadatnejad, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, "Adaptive spectrum transformation by topology preservation on indefinite proximity data", Pattern Recognition Letters 98: 59-67 2017
- Khadijeh Sadatnejad , Saeed Shiry Ghidary, “Kernel learning over the manifold of symmetric positive definite matrices for dimensionality reduction in a BCI application”, Neurocomputing, Volume 179, 29 February 2016, Pages 152–160
- Elham Bavafaye Haghighi, Mohammad Rahmati, Guenther Palm, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, "Learning Inductive Riemannian Manifold in Abstract Form by Modeling Embedded Dynamical System", Informatica, Lith. Acad. Sci. 25(3): 361-384, 2014
- Hesam Omranpour , Saeed Shiry Ghidary ,“Manifold based map representation for mobile robot using Euclidean data difference dimension reduction”, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Volume 45, October 2015, Pages 234-245
- Hesam Omranpour, Saeed Shiry Ghidary, “A heuristic supervised Euclidean data difference dimension reduction for KNN classifier and its application to visual place classification”, Neural Computing and Applications, July 2015 , pp 1-15
- Bavafaye Haghighi, Elham, Rahmati, Mohammad, Shiry Ghidary, Saeed, Palm, Günther , “Mapping to optimal regions; A new method for multi-class classification task to reduce complexity”, AI Communications, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 387-404, 2014