We provide flexible and responsive support to our researchers to help them to achieve and demonstrate impact. We also have a dedicated project management and professional support services, along with a programme of professional development for every level of experience.
The Project Delivery team supports research and enterprise activity by providing dedicated project management and professional support services.
We are proactive, solution-focused and effective in driving research excellence and facilitating knowledge exchange to enhance the student experience at Staffordshire University.
We can help our staff with the following areas:
- Dedicated project management support service from Prince2 practitioners
- Ensuring governance and compliance with funding requirements
- Submission of interim and final reports
- Contract approval
- Monitoring risks and issues
- First point of contact for funding bodies and project stakeholders
- Developing, monitoring and reporting project financials
- Support for external audit of projects
- Servicing project boards and supporting dissemination of outputs via events and on-line formats
- Provision of management information
Please contact Mandy Welch, Head of Project Delivery (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Researcher development and training
Our research staff and postgraduate students enjoy a thriving research environment with opportunities to develop new skills and expertise. This applies to all levels of experience.
We were awarded the EU HR Excellence in Research Award in 2018, demonstrating our commitment to the professional development of researchers. We have continued our work and our 2023 Action Plan is currently under review:
Our previous HR Excellence in Research documentation can be found below:
Research training programme
Our training sessions are open to all staff and research students – both experienced researchers and those new to research. It’s a great opportunity to meet colleagues from across the University and discuss the range of research we are undertaking.
Support for impact
Research impact is “the demonstrable contribution that excellent research makes to society and the economy” (ESRC). Impact needs to be built into every stage of the project life cycle.
We provide flexible and responsive support to our researchers to help them to achieve and demonstrate impact. Support includes:
- Training sessions for groups and individuals
- Support with writing the impact sections of funding bids
- Developing pathways to impact and stakeholder mapping
- Planning for impact with public engagement activities
- Support with impact evaluation
- Celebrating our ‘Stories of Impact’ – support with dissemination, including blogging and social media
- Development of REF case studies, including Vertigo Ventures Impact Tracker training.
Every researcher at Staffordshire University, including our Doctoral researchers, can register for a Vertigo Ventures Impact Tracker license. VV Impact Tracker is a cutting-edge cloud-based software product that helps researchers to plan for and report on the social, economic and environmental impact of their work. Full training is provided.
Please contact Dr Jackie Reynolds, Research Impact Manager (email@example.com)