We know attending university can be expensive, however the Ashwin Kagdadia Scholarship, a generous donation by AGK Ltd, is here to support you with financial support either £1,500 or £500 per year for three years (subject to eligibility).
There is 1 scholarship available for £500 each year for 3-years.
Prospective students must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship:
- Be a UK home student
- 1st year undergraduate (Level 4)
- Pay full tuition fees (full-time on campus student)
- Study on the Staffordshire University Stoke-on-Trent Campus
- Have a household income of below £30,000 per annum that is assessed by their award authority and have given consent for this information to be shared with the University
- Be studying a non-funded course (i.e. they are not entitled to receive any additional government support e.g. NHS Scholarship)
- Attain high achieving grades via the UCAS ranking system:
- For the £1,500 scholarship, students will need to have achieved a minimum of 160 UCAS points, which equates to ”D*D*D” BTEC result or “A*A*A” as an A-level result
- For the £500 scholarship, students will need to have achieved a minimum of 136 UCAS points, which equates to “AAB” as an A-level result or have a BTEC equivalent.
The students who are awarded the Ashwin Kagdadia Scholarship, are supported within their studies for 3 years (L4 – year 1, L5 – year 2 and L6 – year 3). However, during L5 and L6 each successful scholar must meet the following criteria to continue receiving the scholarship:
- Pay full tuition fees (Full-time on campus student)
- Continue to study on the Staffordshire University Stoke-on-Trent Campus
- Have a household income of below £30,000 per annum that is assessed by their award authority and have given consent for this information to be shared by the University
- Be studying a non-funded course (i.e. they are not entitled to receive any additional government support, e.g. NHS Scholarship)
- For the £1,500 scholarship, attain 1st in their current and continuing assessments
- For the £500 scholarship, attain a 2:1 or above in their current and continuing assessments
Applications for this bursary are now closed.
Students must be actively engaged in their studies, with failure to do this resulting in the removal of the scholarship.
In L5 (2nd year) and L6 (3rd year), the student who receives the £1,500 scholarship will receive preferential choice for the accommodation owned by AGK Limited in Poulson House, Stoke-on-Trent, however this would not be a condition of them receiving the scholarship. Further information will be provided.
The students will be required to provide an annual report to update the donor on their studies and how the funding has helped.
The scholarship will be paid in two instalments directly to the bank account provided – students must be in full attendance to receive these payments.
Students should also be willing to be involved in University publicity campaigns e.g. social media, web, magazines if required.
How to apply
Please review your application carefully before submitting as duplicate entries will not be considered.
- Don’t focus on your personal/home life situation, this scholarship is meant to help support your time at University, to help towards trips, equipment or other items that take your degree to the next level
- This is not meant as a hardship scholarship – if you are having any financial difficulties or struggles please contact the main University Financial Support team
Bursary payment exemptions
- The University will conduct a review of a student’s scholarship if progress or performance in their studies is deemed to be unsatisfactory without an appropriate reason for this.
- If the scholar ceases to no longer be a registered full-time student at the University or they take up full-time employment whilst in receipt of the scholarship, no further payments will occur.
- The University has the right to withdraw an award from anyone who is found to have misled the institution about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid to them.
- Staffordshire University reserves the right to revise or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. All decisions made by the Development and Alumni Relations Office are final. Individual feedback is not guaranteed.